Assistant Controller *
How I will contribute
The Assistant Controller Position is an awesome opportunity to gain experience while working for a high growth SaaS-based Payroll / HCM Company that encourages a collaborative environment, values team members who take initiative and brings their ideas, knowledge and expertise to work every day.
The Assistant Controller will work with the Director of Accounting to build, mentor and grow the Accounting team, take a hands-on role in evaluating and improving existing accounting processes, apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and represent the Finance department to internal and external business partners. The Assistant Controller will manage a team in several accounting functions including, but not limited to; General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Cash, consolidations and Intercompany Transactions. The Assistant Controller will also own SEC Reporting and lead Technical Accounting. The ideal candidate is an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is adept at change, is capable of innovating and building controlled scalable processes to help facilitate our next phase of growth. As the Assistant Controller, you will report directly to our Corporate Controller and be an integral part of the Accounting, and Finance team.
- Assist with the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits, and annual budgets.
- Manage the month-end close process, the close schedule and general ledger tasks
- Review all balance sheet reconciliations and perform account analysis and research
- Review journal entries and accounting schedules prepared by accounting staff
- Review cash reconciliations and bank statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly reporting for balance sheet reviews and other financial reviews
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of new policies and procedures
- Assist in formulation of internal controls and policies in compliance with SOX
- Lead quarterly and annual SEC reporting schedules
- Prepare periodic reports, including Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, annual report and all other SEC filing documents in compliance with all SEC and US GAAP disclosure requirements
- Prepare and maintain support for all areas of external reporting process, such as EPS calculations, stock-based compensation expense, Consolidated Balance Sheet, Consolidated Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Stockholders Equity and Form 10-K and 10-Q support binders
- Build and grow a base of knowledge on SEC Reporting with the members of your team
- Supervise and assist in the preparation of PBC schedules and reports for the annual audit
- Interact with external auditors to ensure that support and explanations for all requests are provided in a timely manner
- Guide accounting staff handling of non-routine reporting transactions in accordance with GAAP
- Provide information and data to outside tax preparers to prepare annual and quarterly federal and state returns
- Submit recommendations for improving accounting processes, procedures and controls
- Meet regularly with the accounting staff and assist in annual review process
- Manage appropriate expense authorizations, fixed assets and inventory.
- Collaborate with Business Systems and utilize the accounting system to facilitate processes and maintain records.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Inventory Management & Gross Margin Analysis
- Support International Operations
- Support Sales and Use Tax filings
- Other duties and special projects as required
What I will bring
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, Master Degree a plus
- CPA in good standing required
- Mid Sized, growth focused, public company experience highly preferred
- Experience with SEC reporting required
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations
- Positive attitude, with polished interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong general ledger accounting experience and monthly closings experience
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to exercise strong sound judgment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Combination of industry and public accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce highly preferred
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and other Microsoft Products
- M&A experience is a plus
- Payroll / HCM Domain experience highly preferred
The good stuff
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA- effective day 1
- Basic Life, A+D, and STD
- 401K Program with matching
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Company Comradery: President’s Circle Award, Team Building, Happy Hours, Charity Drives, and Team Lunches
Who we are
Asure sees Human Capital Management (HCM) through the lens of entrepreneurs and executives with an owner’s mentality. We help businesses develop their “Human Capital” to get to the next level, stay compliant, and allocate their time, money and technology toward growth.
Our HCM platform enables more than 60,000 clients to build great teams and better manage their people while staying compliant in an ever-changing HR legislative landscape. Asure’s HCM offering includes Payroll & Tax, HR, and Time & Attendance software and HR Services ranging from online compliance tools to a fully outsourced HR department.
To provide Human Capital Management (HCM) software and services that help companies grow, while nurturing a culture of growth around us.
- Helping customers grow by getting the most from their human capital.
- Helping our employees grow personally and professionally.
- Growing relationships in our communities that inspire goodness.
- Do all of these things in a way that grows shareholder value
Be the most trusted Human Capital Management resource to entrepreneurs everywhere.
Reflect who we are and what we stand for as a company.
- Embrace Change
- Lead with Integrity
- Own the Outcome
- Deliver Awesome
- Be a Good Human
We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, as we are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas at this time. Criminal background checks conducted at employment offer.