Payroll Specialist I
How I will contribute
As a Payroll Specialist I on our team, you will play a critical role in serving our clients that trust our services to manage their changing payroll needs. Being the face of payroll to a dedicated client base, you partner to deliver expert payroll processing and services. Responsible for establishing and maintaining employee payroll records. You own the activities necessary to provide dedicated quality processing services making Asure a leader in the industry.
- Accurately enters and maintains employee related information in the payroll system, including, but not limited to: personnel changes, wage adjustments, garnishments, child support and liens, tax withholding changes, direct deposit, special withholdings, compensation and state unemployment codes, leave of absence, and termination forms.
- Administer all payrolls within an assigned portfolio of customers, ensuring all customer payroll are processed in a timely and accurate manner, and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for processing a variety of different payroll scenarios- weekly, semi-monthly, and custom calendar, hourly, salary, commissions, multi-state, etc.
- Produce preliminary payroll reports and compare them against time sheets and other payroll data, to confirm accuracy.
- Verify time and attendance records, wage computation, hours worked and pay adjustments, and post information into appropriate records.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with each client, serving as a trusted, go-to source for payroll processing support and best-practice recommendations.
- Respond to customer telephone and/or email inquiries and take appropriate action, in compliance with customer’s Service Level Agreements.
- Responsible for quality control and auditing to ensure accuracy and low error or defect percentage.
What I will bring
- 1- 3 years automated payroll systems experience or equivalent accounting experience.
- Previous payroll experience in a client facing environment.
- Your desire to deliver best in class customer service, to your clients for their payroll needs.
- Your knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Finesse: a demonstrated ability to deliver under tight deadlines or unusual or critical situations.
- Your skills to execute while navigating through a variety of different tasks.
- Professional presentation of written information, that is clear and effective for your success with your clients.
- Your collaborative, team minded successful attitude.
- Direct experience in a variety of SaaS payroll systems, and your ability to learn new ones.
- Background of in house payroll processing experience in a small to mid-sized business is highly preferred, but not required.
The good stuff
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA- effective day 1
- Basic Life, A+D, and STD
- 401K Program with matching
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Company Comradery: President’s Circle Award, Team Building, Happy Hours, Charity Drives, and Team Lunches
Who we are
Asure sees Human Capital Management (HCM) through the lens of entrepreneurs and executives with an owner’s mentality. We help businesses develop their “Human Capital” to get to the next level, stay compliant, and allocate their time, money and technology toward growth.
Our HCM platform enables more than 60,000 clients to build great teams and better manage their people while staying compliant in an ever-changing HR legislative landscape. Asure’s HCM offering includes Payroll & Tax, HR, and Time & Attendance software and HR Services ranging from online compliance tools to a fully outsourced HR department.
To provide Human Capital Management (HCM) software and services that help companies grow, while nurturing a culture of growth around us.
- Helping customers grow by getting the most from their human capital.
- Helping our employees grow personally and professionally.
- Growing relationships in our communities that inspire goodness.
- Do all of these things in a way that grows shareholder value
Be the most trusted Human Capital Management resource to entrepreneurs everywhere.
Reflect who we are and what we stand for as a company.
- Embrace Change
- Lead with Integrity
- Own the Outcome
- Deliver Awesome
- Be a Good Human
We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, as we are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas at this time. Criminal background checks conducted at employment offer.