Partnership Management Intern
Opening: Partnership Management Intern
Type: Internship (Part-Time)
Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Reports To: Partnership Management Team
Summary: The Partnership Management Intern will provide support to the Partnership Management Team. The Partnership Management Intern will possess exceptional organization and communication skills, as well as creativity, passion and a demonstrated commitment to positive social change and social entrepreneurship. This role is an extraordinary opportunity to gain exposure to Ashoka’s innovative culture and globally pioneering work in the field of partnership building and management.
- Provide leadership and support for special projects related to partnership management
- Research and identify potential professional development and networking opportunities within the partnerships space
- Manage tasks from our internal ticketing system, providing support and guidance on partnerships related requests.
- Coordinate with the Partnership Management Team and our larger network of country offices in the planning and execution of our Partnerships Retreat in May 2020.
- Develop, design, test and launch technical improvements to our internal informational website
Successful candidates will possess most of the following skills and experiences:
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- An aptitude for customer service and internal communications technology such as Confluence and Salesforce CRM
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and innovate effectively in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English; proficiency in other languages will be considered an asset
- Be visionary and strategic with strong attention to detail
- Personable and interacts well with co-workers, partners and the entire Ashoka community
- Strong intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated commitment to social change
Time Commitment: Flexible. At least two months duration, with approximately 12-20 hours per week for fall, winter and spring seasons, and approximately 20-30 hours per week for summer season.
Application: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year and offers are usually made at least one or two months in advance of start date. Please include your resume, cover letter and what dates you are available.
Ashoka is the global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs. Ashoka has been pioneering the field of social entrepreneurship for 35 years—finding, selecting, and supporting the world’s leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows). Our network of over 3,000 Ashoka Fellows is successfully implementing system-changing solutions to human and environmental problems in almost every area of need, in 90 countries. By learning from and collaborating with social entrepreneurs, we identify patterns and key levers to help society gain a new framework for living in the world as a changemaker. We believe that everyone should be enabled with the qualities that define a social entrepreneur. Building on our extensive experience with social entrepreneurs, we build and activate networks to create fundamental changes in the growing up experience of children and young people so that everyone can become a changemaker. We are investing in the people and patterns of collaborative entrepreneurship that are necessary in an Everyone a Changemaker world.
Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. Women, minorities and foreign nationals with I-9 employment status are encouraged to apply.