Ashoka - Fellowship Coordinator
ASHOKA MEXICO, CENTRAL AMERICA & THE CARIBBEAN
Ashoka is a global organization with 35 years of experience in entrepreneurship and social innovation in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean that is committed to a society in which all people have the skills to recognize themselves as agents of change capable of improving the world. Our strategy connects communities of social entrepreneurs, schools, universities, companies and media professionals to enhance their collaborative and transformative power. Ashoka creates the conditions for each individual to have the skills, knowledge and tools in entrepreneurship and social innovation to become an agent of change.
- Supporting social entrepreneurs: Search and identify social entrepreneurs with high impact projects and systemic change by incorporating them into the largest network of social entrepreneurs in the world, with presence in 90 countries and including more than 3,500 entrepreneurs, of which 250 are located in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Ashoka provides economic and professional support, in addition to access to a network of peers around the world.
- Promoting changemaker abilities among children and youth: Generate demand for an educational model in which each young person has the possibility to identify himself as and become an agent of change. With a network of 260 Transformative Schools in the world, 4 of them in Mexico, Ashoka promotes a new paradigm in education.
- Strengthening the entrepreneurial ecosystem: Establish a new vision of collaborative work in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, promoting the development of models of teamwork between the public and private sectors and civil organizations. Strengthening the paradigm in which we can all be agents of change, fostering the development of changemaking abilities in the ecosystem.
The person we are looking for has the following role:
The Fellowship Coordinator will design programs and find partnerships that support Ashoka Fellows in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean (and Latin America) to
(1) spread their social impact and afine their system change strategy,
(2) to let the Fellow feel part of a global community of peers,
(3) support the Fellow in improving the sustainability structure of their organization, and (4) offer tools, knowledge and retreats that promote the wellbeing among Ashoka Fellows and their teams.
- Support Ashoka Fellows and their organizations in improving their system change strategy and help them better understand their role in an Everyone A Changemaker world.
- Design and organize virtual and in person meetings for Ashoka Fellows to encourage collaboration and the exchange of challenges, opportunities, and good practices.
- Develop and implement a program of wellbeing for welldoing for Ashoka Fellows and their organizations.
- Connect Ashoka Fellows with strategic allies and mentors to solve specific challenges of their organizations.
- Organization of our annual event to present our newly selected generation of Ashoka Fellows to the broader Ashoka network
- Design a 3 year Core Fellowship experience for newly selected Ashoka Fellows based on their needs assessment
- Implement annual evaluation with Ashoka Fellows to measure the efficiency of the Fellowship
- Collaborate and codesign with the Latinamerican Fellowship colleagues a regional Fellowship experience
- Seek new partnerships and fundraise to finance the different Fellowship activities
Requirements and desired skills:
- Desire to work in the social sector, especially with social entrepreneurs. Previous experience with the social sector preferable
- Proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Ability to work with a large network, and with people from different contexts.
- High ability to be organized and multitask.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience in logistics and event planning.
- Fluent English and Spanish (oral and written).
Ashoka selection criteria:
- Entrepreneurial ability: Having launched and maintained creative and innovative initiatives in school, university or work environments, and / or to having started a project on his/her own.
- Understanding of the Ashoka vision: Understanding the vision of “Everyone a Changemaker.”
- Emotional and social intelligence: Ability to work in a team in an efficient and respectful manner, putting the goals of the team ahead of personal glory. Being able to inspire and learn from others.
- Ethical fiber: Being a leader in which society can trust.
- Self definition: Assumes that changing the world in big ways is what he or she will do in life and has developed appropriate skills and ways of thinking.
Type of contract:
Consultant for the first 3 months to then start the recruitment process to be Ashoka staff.
To join our team please send the following materials via Jobvite before November 22nd, 2019.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter in which you explain how your personal / professional experience is related to the Ashoka criteria.
We intend to hire quickly - please send your materials as soon as possible.