Ashoka - Italy Finance and Operations manager
Ashoka's mission is to build a society where everyone has the opportunity, skills and support to create meaningful social change. Ashoka envisions an Everyone-A-Changemaker world. Ashoka does so by investing in and collaborating with social entrepreneurs who combine vision, creativity and passion with an unparalleled drive to bring sustainable and systemic change to the social problem of their focus. Over the past 38 years, Ashoka has grown to become one of the driving forces of social innovation in the world, with a network of 3600 leading social entrepreneurs globally, whom we support financially and non-financially.
Since 2015 Ashoka is active in Italy, too, with offices in Rome and Milan. For more information, please visit: www.ashoka.org
- You are motivated to be part of social change in Italy and Europe
- You have accounting experience from different organizations/social projects
- You have experience in office management and bookkeeping
- You have the capacity to work independently
We are waiting for your application
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Assist in day-to-day bookkeeping, processing invoices and payments, reconciling accounts and other financial routines
Accounting and administration, for both the local and global organization
Business and office support
Liaise with Italian regulations and deadlines for non-profit associations
Assist in the hiring process of staff and volunteers and contract drafting
Taking part in a monthly conference call with Europe Operations staff and occasional staff retreats
· Excellent English & Italian language skills.
· Qualification: - University Degree in Economics, Accounting or Financial Administration. Very motivated candidates with another profile and a good eye for figures are welcome to apply
· IT literacy, great analytical and Excel skills
· Accurate, service-oriented; team player
· Interest in sustainability, Social innovation and international NGOs
· Passion for IT-related challenges
We kindly invite you to send your CV (max .2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page) as soon as possible, mentioning Application FA-Italy in the subject line.
- If you are short-listed, we will contact you within 2 weeks of your application
- Ashoka will be unable to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not short-listed
0.5 Full-time equivalent (half time)
Six months initial contract, option to extend permanently would be available
Salary according to Italian National Collective Labour Agreements and Ashoka Europe standards
Please note: this is not a position in the field, but a desk-based one to support colleagues who lead our programs.
Location: Rome or Milan
Apply by: 18 September
Start day October 1st
Ashoka is an inclusive workplace, so we encourage applications from people with disabilities, ethnic minority background, diverse sexual orientations or gender identities.