Ashoka - Talent Operations and Challenge Manager - Changemakers
Talent Operations and Challenge Manager
Ashoka Changemakers is an Ashoka program that uses the power of open technology, online challenges and social innovation knowledge—coupled with Ashoka’s network of social entrepreneurs and impact partners—to democratize changemaking and accelerate connections and collaborations that increase rate of change for critical social issues. We believe in the power of technology and networks to inspire, deepen impact, spark action and collectively achieve much more than the sum of our parts.
Summary: We’re looking for a great Talent Operations and Challenge Manager to support Changemakers' operations; staffing and hiring and develop policies and a culture of well-being at Changemakers. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work on the implementation of Ashoka’s significant global engagements with leading corporate partners.
Location: Mexico City
Talent Operations (50% FTE)
- Overall Team Development
- Creating a plan for the growth of the staff over the next few years, including new roles and teams, based on Changemakers' growth plan
- Working with the Changemakers leadership team to develop an organizational strategy for team structures, hiring, and succession
- Drafting and managing Changemakers' internal human resource policies, including recognizing when changes are necessary
- Learning and Development
- Overseeing professional development programming for Changemakers team
- Managing performance review, promotion, and bonus structure processes
- Preparing onboarding guides for various company processes and systems o Ensuring that all staff know and understand the internal rules and regulations and any changes that may be approved
- Program Hiring and Staffing Operations
- Working with product leads and team leads on their staffing responsibilities
- Drafting job descriptions and identifying the role within the org chart with the Changemakers leadership team
- Recruiting and hiring or actively seeking out changemaker candidates, posting jobs on lists, and seeking referrals
- Conducting interviews and thorough reference checks for both junior and senior candidates and making hiring recommendations
- Ensuring that Changemakers are in full compliance with the labor laws of their respective jurisdictions (including for international staff) by closely working with Ashoka’s Global Talent team
- Team Wellbeing Support
- Ensuring all team members are happy, comfortable, and productive in their roles through Changemakers
- Pulse surveys and other meetings with staff
- Keeping an open door and acting as the first point of contact when staff members have interpersonal or other issues at work, including mediating interpersonal situations that may arise
Challenge Management (50% FTE):
- Project Manager for Changemaker Challenges.
- Designing the timeline, project plan and supporting on budget management for partnerships
- Managing and tracking partnership budgets and expenses
- Managing internal and external timelines for partners and reporting back to them in a timely fashion
- Coordinating project teams, facilitating all internal communications (notes, agenda setting, etc.)
- Defining KPIs, as well as designing and implementing impact evaluation surveys and analyses
- Producing final reports & project reviews
- Keeping abreast with trends in social entrepreneurship, leadership development, shared value creation, corporate social responsibility…and beyond.
Commitment and passion to the social sector and Ashoka’s mission.
At least 2 years of experience in talent or operations roles.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
Excels at operating in a fast paced, community environment.
Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance with the organization.
Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
Persuasive with details and facts.
Able to delegate responsibilities effectively.
High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
Enjoys harvesting a healthy, happy workplace with a real emphasis on a strong organizational culture.