Vice President, Global Integrity
Ashoka’s Integrity Team aims to help Ashoka balance entrepreneurial risk-taking and operational risk management in pursuit of its Everyone a Changemaker vision. The Vice President, Global Integrity will be a key member of Ashoka’s global senior executive team, working closely with other leaders to integrate risk management with strategy setting and performance management across the organization. In addition, they will create new ideas and systems that leverage integrity as a key growth trigger for the organization and our mission/vision. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial leader experienced in global operations, risk management, and legal/compliance matters, who is creative, collaborative, and committed to Ashoka’s vision.
- Leading on global legal, compliance, governance, and privacy work for Ashoka and its subsidiaries in 35 countries
- Developing, creating and implementing the right infrastructure for integrity and risk management that both enables and de-risks Ashoka’s organizational growth
- Collaborating with teams across Ashoka to ideate and develop “how tos” for intelligent risk taking and management that support Ashoka’s mission
- Creating new system of governance integration of Ashoka’s entities around the world
- Working closely with team members, senior leadership, board, and pro bono partners to monitor, prioritize, and address operational risk issues
- Advancing a movement that brings about a paradigm shift in law for our “everyone a changemaker” world
Candidates should have the following characteristics and experience:
- JD or equivalent legal qualification
- 15+ years experience in entrepreneurial and operational leadership in complex environments
- Proven ability to lead through influence, ideas, and exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage deliverables in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Strong problem solving, conceptual, and organizational skills
ENTREPRENEURSHIP/INTRAPRENEURSHIP: Demonstrates a track record of taking creative initiative and ownership (e.g., founding an organization or company, starting a movement, or re-shaping the work of an existing organization).
UNDERSTANDING & BELIEF IN THE VISION OF AN EVERYONE A CHANGEMAKER FUTURE: Understands and believes Ashoka’s vision at a gut level; has a broad and inquisitive intellect and a thinking pattern that connects the dots between historical trends and the current social context.
EMOTIONAL AND SOCIAL INTELLIGENCE: Has the ability to work efficiently and respectfully in teams.
ETHICAL FIBER: Possess exceptionally strong ethical behavior.
SELF DEFINITION: Assumes that changing the world in big ways is what they will do in life.
Position is based at Ashoka's Global Office in Arlington, VA (pending reopening of office).