Ashoka, Communications Intern, Global Venture Team
Ashoka is looking for a dynamic, collaborative undergraduate or graduate student interested in social entrepreneurship and/or international affairs/development to serve as a Communications Intern on our Global Venture Team. The intern would help create and maintain communication products for internal and external audiences.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Drafting press-releases and/or special announcements
- Supporting outreach initiatives to attract new audiences, including researching, writing and copy editing
- Support the design of monthly and yearly communications campaigns, including email, social media and website posts
- Copyright and edit outreach, marketing, and other documents.
- Maintain and build contact database
Key Skills: strong written communication, attention to detail, self-starter, experience with online marketing on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, experience with Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Word. Knowledgable of inDesign and/or Canva a plus.
Please make sure to include a resume AND cover letter with availability in your application.
Internship would last 4 - 6 months, working two days a week (flexible) in Ashoka's Arlington, Virginia office. Internships starting August or September 2018.