Ashoka - Operations and Finance Associate
This Finance and Operations Associate role will work across the Entrepreneur-to-Entrepreneur, E-2 and Global Partnerships Team (GPT) at Ashoka.
Entrepreneur-to-Entrepreneur, E-2 is a network of high impact entrepreneurs partnering with Ashoka to achieve systems change. The Operations and Finance Associate will work closely with the Operations Manager and E-2 team to support the development of the network through event logistics, budgeting, and strategic planning.
The GPT Finance and Operations Associate will provide support and assistance to Ashoka’s Global Partnership Team members for all the aspects of Operations & Finance closely working with GPT Director of Operations & Finance. The Operations & Finance Associate will possess exceptional organization, communication, and financial skills as well as creativity, passion and demonstrated commitment to positive social change and social entrepreneurship.
Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to grasp Ashoka terminology and simplify it for the benefit of an external audience. Must be able to work independently and as a team player while managing numerous projects simultaneously.
Responsibilities within E2 Team:
- Collaborate and align with team members on the implementation and delivery of key deliverables
- Management of budgets, timelines and reporting
- Manage any financial partnerships with third party vendors (creation/payment of invoices, etc.)
- Grant management and MOU development and reporting
- Assist the Group Leader with creating and posting external position descriptions and hiring processes
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of shared services such as IT and finance, through coordination and communication between support and business functions
- Support the Operations Manager in the planning and organization of the E-2 annual team retreat
- Documentation and distribution of minutes after weekly team calls
- Plan, arrange, coordinate, and hold GPT Core team meetings in a regular manner.
- Plan, arrange, coordinate, and support team outings, social events, and team retreats.
- Manage the GPT performance cycle in coordination with the Ashoka performance cycle, including design, visualization, and review of GPT Objectives & Key Results (OKRs); design and review of individual GPT roles; and internal communication of results via a GPT Highlights deck.
- Coordinate inputs for Ashoka board meetings.
- Liaise with Search, Talent and Finance teams on behalf of GPT.
- Support team in onboarding new team members, hiring interns and ensure full support on all aspects and finance and operations work of GPT.
- Support team in fielding internal and external inquiries.
- Run GPT Operations Survey .
- Maintain and curate GPT Operations & Finance page in Ashoka confluence.
- Review operating and finance practices and implement improvements where necessary.
Successful candidates will possess most of the following skills and experiences:
- 0-3 years of experience after collegiate education, preferably with experience providing executive support.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills and financial skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and innovate effectively in a fast-paced, unstructured environment.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce CRM
- Fluency in English; proficiency in other languages will be considered an asset.
- Be visionary and strategic but with a strong attention to detail and to do attitude.
- Personable and interacts well with co-workers, partners and the entire Ashoka community .
- Strong intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated commitment to social change.
- Hunger to advance an Everyone A Changemaker (EACH) world.
- Enjoys building a healthy, happy workplace and team with a real emphasis on team culture.
Ashoka is the global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs. Ashoka has been pioneering the field of social entrepreneurship for 35 years—finding, selecting, and supporting the world’s leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows). Our network of over 3,000 Ashoka Fellows is successfully implementing system-changing solutions to human and environmental problems in almost every area of need, in 90 countries. By learning from and collaborating with social entrepreneurs, we identify patterns and key levers to help society gain a new framework for living in the world as a changemaker. We believe that everyone should be enabled with the qualities that define a social entrepreneur. Building on our extensive experience with social entrepreneurs, we build and activate networks to create fundamental changes in the growing up experience of children and young people so that everyone can become a changemaker. We are investing in the people and patterns of collaborative entrepreneurship that are necessary in an Everyone a Changemaker world.
Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. Women, minorities and foreign nationals with I-9 employment status are encouraged to apply.