Ashoka Global Campaigns Manager
Leading the Global Campaigns team and reporting to Ashoka’s Frame Change/Marketing/Comms Leader, the Campaigns Manager will be a champion for effective partnership communications through donor mailings, data management, and fundraising revenue processing. This individual will possess strong business acumen and writing skills; as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, creativity, passion and demonstrated commitment to positive social change and innovation.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND CAMPAIGN DEVELOPMENT
- Oversee all efforts related to direct mail campaigns, community fundraising, and cause-related marketing. Including writing and content creation for mailings and Ashoka “Leading Social Entrepreneurship” (LSE) book/annual report, managing designers, maintaining strong relationships with printing presses, owning the database upkeep and expansion, preparing a robust marketing strategy for mailing pieces, and ensuring consistent messaging and branding across the donor experience for print and online properties as well as other media channels.
- Build and maintain an Ashoka Global Campaigns program, with responsibility for revenue goals and measurable objectives, tactics and timeline. Manage any current Campaigns team staff, interns, vendors, or contractors.
- Spearhead digital fundraising experiments and new donor development efforts.
- Represent the Global Campaigns team within the Ashoka wide Frame Change/Marketing/Communications effort, becoming an active leader in the Frame Change/Marketing/Comms team of teams globally.
- Oversee staff responsible for entry, acknowledgement, receipting and documenting of gifts received in the Global office according to GAAP and IRS standards.
DATA & REPORTING
- Oversee the development of fundraising database (Overseeing quality control, list growth, and strategic targeting and database expansion)
- Develop a strategy for the transformation of the CRM system into a robust database of readily available quantitative and qualitative information about donors and prospects that is user-friendly for global teams.
- Prepare donor reports for presentation to Ashoka’s Leadership team, Executive Team and Board of Directors to forecast revenue for budgeting and strategic guidance.
Ashoka is the global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs— Ashoka has been pioneering the field of social entrepreneurship for 35 years—finding, selecting, and supporting the world’s leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows). Our network of almost 4,000 Ashoka Fellows is successfully implementing system-changing solutions to human and environmental problems in almost every area of need, in 90 countries. By learning from and collaborating with social entrepreneurs, we identify patterns and key levers to help society gain a new framework for living in the world as a changemaker. We believe that everyone should be enabled with the qualities that define a social entrepreneur. Building on our extensive experience with social entrepreneurs, we build and activate networks to create fundamental changes in the growing up experience of children and young people so that everyone can become a changemaker. We are investing in the people and patterns of collaborative entrepreneurship that are necessary in an everyone a changemaker world.
- Superb writing, editing, and content creation skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to complete projects and manage competing requests, and at times under tight deadlines.
- Marketing, communications, and campaign creation experience preferred.
Candidates must also meet Ashoka's core hiring criteria:
ENTREPRENEURSHIP/INTRAPRENEURSHIP: Demonstrates a track record of taking creative initiative and ownership (e.g., founding an organization or company, starting a movement, or re-shaping the work of an existing organization).
UNDERSTANDING & BELIEF IN THE VISION OF AN EVERYONE A CHANGEMAKER FUTURE: Understands and believes Ashoka’s vision at a gut level; has a broad and inquisitive intellect and a thinking pattern that connects the dots between historical trends and the current social context.
EMOTIONAL AND SOCIAL INTELLIGENCE: Has the ability to work efficiently and respectfully in teams.
ETHICAL FIBER: Possess exceptionally strong ethical behavior.
SELF DEFINITION: Assumes that changing the world in big ways is what they will do in life.
Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. The position is based in the global Ashoka office in Arlington, Virginia, USA. For more information visit us at https://www.ashoka.org/getinvolved/team