Product Management Intern
Summary: The Product Management Intern will provide support and assistance to the Director of Product Management and dozens of Ashoka’s Product teams. The Product Management Intern will possess exceptional organization and communication skills, as well as creativity, passion and demonstrated commitment to positive social change and social entrepreneurship. This role is an extraordinary opportunity to gain exposure to Ashoka’s innovative culture and globally pioneering work in the field of social entrepreneurship.
- Provide leadership and support for special projects related to product management
- Assist Product teams and Director of Product Management in creating, sharing, refining and updating their materials in Confluence (Ashoka’s intranet)
- Update and improve a Graph Commons network visualization of the linkages between strategic Pathways and supporting partnerships, products and prototypes
- Monitor and enhance the vibrancy of product-related chats in Microsoft Teams
- Research, identify and share webinars, trainings and events that may interest Product teams
- Support key meetings and monthly videoconferences with Product teams with notes, chat monitoring and surveys
- Review Confluence analytics and qualitative inputs to conceive, design, test and launch technical improvements to the Products space in Confluence
- Coordinate with country offices to develop regional Portfolios of Ashoka products most relevant for each region
- Coordinate with the Partnership Management Team and support Product teams in developing modular polished product slides for use in pitches to external funding partners
- Develop a Graph Commons slideshow to better animate and communicate the network visualization of strategic Pathways
- Provide direct support for Product teams such as screening entries for competitions on the Changemakers website
Successful candidates will possess most of the following skills and experiences:
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- An aptitude for customer service and internal communications technology such as Confluence and Salesforce CRM
- Experience with “lean” product development is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and innovate effectively in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English; proficiency in other languages will be considered an asset
- Be visionary and strategic but with a strong attention to detail
- Personable and interacts well with co-workers, partners and the entire Ashoka community
- Strong intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated commitment to social change
Application: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year, and offers are usually made at least one or two months in advance of start date. Please include your resume, cover letter and what dates you are available.
Ashoka is the global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs. Ashoka has been pioneering the field of social entrepreneurship for 35 years—finding, selecting, and supporting the world’s leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows). Our network of over 3,000 Ashoka Fellows is successfully implementing system-changing solutions to human and environmental problems in almost every area of need, in 90 countries. By learning from and collaborating with social entrepreneurs, we identify patterns and key levers to help society gain a new framework for living in the world as a changemaker. We believe that everyone should be enabled with the qualities that define a social entrepreneur. Building on our extensive experience with social entrepreneurs, we build and activate networks to create fundamental changes in the growing up experience of children and young people so that everyone can become a changemaker. We are investing in the people and patterns of collaborative entrepreneurship that are necessary in an Everyone a Changemaker world.
Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. Women, minorities and foreign nationals with I-9 employment status are encouraged to apply.