CEE FINANCE OFFICER
ASHOKA CEE FINANCE OFFICER
WE ARE LOKING FOR A NEW LONG-TERM MEMBER FOR OUR CEE TEAM TO SUPPORT OUR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT PART TIME IN WARSAW!
Ashoka is the world’s leading association of social entrepreneurs — men and women with system-changing solutions that address the world’s most urgent social challenges. We have been selecting and supporting Ashoka Fellows for almost 40 years, providing strategic long-term support to more than 3,800 of them in 84 countries.
ABOUT ASHOKA CEE
Our team in Central Eastern Europe (CEE) supports the work of our organization in Romania, Austria, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Israel. In coordination with our colleagues around the world, our team operates within the local network to improve the framework requirements that social entrepreneurs must face. We create an ecosystem in which Changemakers can flourish: an environment where accessible regulatory framework is in place, in which the work of Changemakers has greater visibility, and which supports their plans for social change with know-how, strategic partnerships, coaching, financial means, ideas and commitment.
CEE FINANCE OFFICER
We are building up capacity to increase efficiency in managing finances in our regional set-up. For our office in Warsaw, Poland, we are looking for a new team member to manage our CEE Finances who will work together with and report directly to our CEE Finance Manager based in Romania. We are looking for someone with a financial background, strong analytical skills, hands-on mentality, love for details & data, who is a real team player and has a passion for social entrepreneurship. Our new team member should be the go-to person for all topics related to finance in our CEE countries and legal entities including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring accurate and timely delivery of month-end closing reports for internal reporting, accounting
- Preparing specific financial donor reporting and coordinates the respective project team for selected reportings
- Providing project management from a finance perspective on grant spending and reporting
- Budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and commentary
- Revenue forecasting & monthly cash flow projections
- Decision support for different teams in our organisation
- Coordinating and communicating with CEE Country representatives and Team members
- Coordinating and leading tasks regarding tax, finance, and accounting in the applicable Polish regulatory frame
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN ENTREPRENEURIAL INDIVIDUAL WHO
- Has at least 2 years of accounting/finance management experience and experience in project management
- Preferably has NGO experience
- Speaks Polish and English, any other Central European Language is an asset
- Has a financial background
- Strong analytical skills
- Has a hands-on mentality and loves problem-solving
- Has a love for details & data while still seeing the big picture
- Who is a real team player but is also able to take leadership to deliver on time and with the necessary quality on tasks
- Has a passion for social entrepreneurship
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Location: Ashoka Office Warsaw, Poland, traveling in Europe possible
- 25 hours per week employment
- Flexible Working hours and working environment
- Possibilities for personal development and growth through innovative trainings within the Ashoka Network
- Working Language is English
- Starting Date: As Soon as Possible
Please apply directly via jobvite and include your CV and cover letter in English. Please indicate as of when you would be available for this position and what your monthly gross salary expectation is for a 25 hour per week employment. In your cover letter, please refer also to your motivation why this position at Ashoka is appealing to you, why you think that finance & operations are the basis of every organization and what you think that every team member needs to know about finance? Also, let us know how you would like to contribute to Ashoka outside of the finance management role.
Applications will be reviewed by 20/11/2019.
Due to GDPR only applications submitted through jobvite will be considered.