Law for All Initiative – Program Leader
Ashoka is the largest network of leading social entrepreneurs with systems changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981, Ashoka has elected and supported over 4,000 social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows) in 90 countries. Through their work, these social entrepreneurs also enable millions of changemakers and contribute to Ashoka’s vision: building an everyone a changemaker world. Ashoka engages these Ashoka Fellows' insights and resources to create networks of changemaking institutions that form a powerful change ecosystem. Network members support each other, collaborate, and collectively achieve much more than the sum of their parts.
Ashoka South Asia is looking for an entrepreneurial individual to develop and lead its Law for All Initiative. The Law for All Initiative will search, select and support social entrepreneurs and young changemakers innovating to make the legal system more accessible, inclusive and effective. The initiative will undertake social innovation mapping, build strategic partnerships and communication to enable the creation of a supportive ecosystem for such changemakers. The director will be responsible to:
● Develop and lead the overall strategy for growth of the Law for All program in India;
● Identify, select and engage social entrepreneurs and young changemakers with ideas to change the legal industry in India;
● Mobilize networks, build partnerships and collaborations in order to drive growth in identification, selection and engagement of Ashoka Fellows;
● Conceptualize and implement strategies and systems to leverage learning and insights from Ashoka Fellows, partners and allies to advance the field of social entrepreneurship;
● Identify opportunities to enable Ashoka Fellows and changemakers to work together and change ecosystems in different issue areas.
The ideal candidate should:
● Have 8-10 years of work experience including some in the social impact space, whether in a profit or non-profit setting;
● Have played the lead entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial role in creating or co-creating organizations and/or initiatives that have achieved impact, financial sustainability and scale;
● Demonstrate an ability to build and collaborate with other teams and networks; ● Inspire trust and demonstrate strong ethical fiber;
● Have excellent leadership and communication skills to lead a dynamic team and network;
● Be an Indian national.
This is a full-time position based in Bangalore.