Print Production Operator
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Operations Tech I to join our Support Services department. This position will manage a high volume of assigned jobs from generation to fulfillment ensuring business intent is accurately communicated for successful outcome across multiple teams. Accurately completes daily assignments under strict deadlines in a high-volume high capacity environment. Utilizes technical software for generating print across multiple platforms. Controls assembly and validates results. Serves as mentor and provides leadership for all areas of production including department communications, job management, copy operations, hand and auto assembly, shipping, receiving, warehouse management, and metering. Performs cross team functions as needed utilizing multiple job management tools, a variety of hardware including high capacity printers, high speed assembly equipment, and other mail center equipment. Can substitute for any role in Mail Center. Reviews all job completions ensuring critical validations have been satisfied and job counts reconcile before allowing release of mail. Ensures building security protocols are followed. Ensures vendor/visitors are recorded and escorted as needed.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
· Performs Mail Center production and validation.
· Completes assigned copy and mail production jobs accurately creating assembly and validation instructions.
· Accurately manages data ensuring folders are maintained accurately using complex instructions subject to a high amount of variance from process.
· Interacts with other departments at all levels ensuring submissions instructions are understood.
· Provides clear instructions for proper assembly completion.
· Reviews job completion and validates each job to ensure it was properly created before releasing mailings to the US Post Office.
· Passes all quality audits daily maintaining a quality average of 99%. Achieves 100% quality rate for validation of mailings.
· Passes all skill assessments.
· Manages copy supply including paper ensuring supplies are ordered timely.
· Backs up metering of hand assembled mail accurately following defined procedures and ensuring quality counts validate.
· Auto assembles mail as assigned accurately following defined procedures and ensuring counts validate.
· Hand assembles copy orders, shipments, and mailings as assigned.
· Receives product following strict guidelines.
· Operates carts, pallet lift, and pallet jacks safely.
· Maintains and operates department equipment including joggers, openers, folders, and other.
· Keeps department and warehouses clean, organized, and timely reports supplies at minimum levels.
· Restricts access to building, systems, storage locations, system folders or physical files, and all documents in process to authorized personnel only.
· Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and propriety business information under all circumstances.
· Reports unique or problem situations to manager.
· Performs media production and completes assigned jobs timely.
· Associate degree in IT Ops, Graphic Design, or Print discipline or relevant, or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a role requiring expert attention to detail is required.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a technical role is required. Experience in a high-volume copy operation, mailroom, fulfillment house, or comparable role is preferred.
· IT certifications or minimum of 2 years’ experience working within an IT related function utilizing server folders or manipulating files is required.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to successfully interact with all levels of the organization.
· Experience using Adobe, Command Workstation, or comparable.
· Advanced certification or demonstrated ability to use Excel is required.
· Ability to perform repetitive tasking sitting for 2 to 3 hours at a time with a high degree of accuracy.
· Ability to create and manage production schedules, predict deadlines accurately, manage process flow to ensure production completes on time and accurately through multiple channels.
· Ability to work independently and to lead others.
· Ability to execute detailed instructions and manage multiple exceptions to standard process independently.
· Ability to master new technical equipment, technical software, and to utilize skills to perform complex analytical tasks.
· Ability to use pallet lifts, pallet jacks, and other standard warehouse equipment.
· Must be flexible and easily move from task to task.
· Ability to lift 15 pounds over head, lift 25 pounds unassisted or 50 pounds assisted by cart.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Both mobile and sedentary. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. Ability to bend and move quickly from place to place. Pushing, lifting, reaching, and climbing required.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to climb stools and ladders. Ability to reach and lift 15 lbs. overhead. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted or 50 lbs. assisted by cart.
Production setting with various obstacles. Noisy environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.