Sr Network Engineer
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Sr Network Engineer for our Information Technology Operations department. The primary function of this position is to provide network engineering, administration, and manage network related projects as assigned by manager.
- Network Engineering and Administration of a Cisco, F5, and Palo Alto network in a team environment.
- Lead role in the engagement and mitigation of outage causing events or issues.
- Partner with other members of the department for an on-call 24/7 rotation.
- Reviews, consults and prepares for planned change introduction to production environment.
- Review the current monitoring strategy and make recommendations based on gaps identified.
- Review device management strategy and make recommendations based on gaps identified.
- Plan and execute software code upgrades and device maintenance.
- Build networking capability of junior staff members.
- Problem Management: Deep analysis of service-impacting events to determine root-cause and drive resolution and changes to avoid repeating the issue.
- Change Management: Review, track, and gain CAB (Change Advisory Board) approval of all planned maintenance on the network, internal and external.
- Ensure all network devices configuration matches published Standards Feedback to Infrastructure and Development teams on how to improve overall quality and reliability of the service.
- Acts as highest-level technical support and backup.
- Provides support to systems support technicians for high-level support issues.
- Performs end user technical support as needed.
- Acts as backup for systems support supervisor and help desk as needed.
- Attends industry seminars, conferences, training classes and reads industry journals to stay current on technology.
- Prepares and submits written progress reports, spreadsheets, timelines and other written documentation as directed by manager.
- Attends team, departmental, and staff meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Cisco based network in an enterprise level environment supporting multiple diverse sites.
- Cisco certification CCNP Level is a must; CCIE preferred, and Cisco wireless experience a plus.
- Next Generation technologies foundation is required (NGFW Firepower, Cisco ACI, VMWare NSX,
- Cloud Networking experience (AWS, Azure)
- Mitel voice and collaboration experience preferred.
- F5 LTM and GTM experience preferred.
- Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewall experience preferred.
- Possess a solid understanding of, and have experience with, most of the following network technologies: ARP, 802.1q, HSRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP. Knowledge of MPLS, LDP, and VRFs is a plus.
- High level of experience with TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP and OSPF).
- Familiarity with multiple network operating systems such as Cisco IOS.
- Scripting experience (shell scripts, Perl, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches and F5 load-balancers required.
- Knowledge of security devices such as firewalls and DDoS prevention systems is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of tools like tcpdump & Wireshark required.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve network incidents.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Working knowledge of Linux is a plus.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with multiple parties during an incident.
- Team leader and mentorship skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Physically capable to stand, sit, kneel, crouch, and climb. Capable of using hand tools and manipulation of small parts. Frequently lifting equipment up to 40 lbs.
Usual office setting.
AmericanSpecialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.