Health Coach I (IN)
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Health Coach I to join our Health Management Lifestyle Coaching department. This position will provide phone-based coaching, education and support to members utilizing coaching programs. This position includes providing supportive accountability to members around the member’s health-related goals and developing a plan with members to reach those goals and sustain lasting behavioral changes gained through participation.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
· After receiving program specific training and following clinical protocol and corporate policies and procedures, provide primarily phone-based (possibly some video and/or chat/text) coaching and education to enrolled members as outlined in corporate policy, including initial and annual health status reviews.
· Schedules coaching sessions to meet department productivity expectations or as required to meet program performance and quality standards.
· Using evidence based coaching skills and health information, works with members to set health related goals and develop and implement effective strategies to reach those goals
· Creates and sustains a supportive member-focused environment for behavior change
· Assures all communication logs from the Case Review team are acknowledged and instructions implemented. Acknowledges and implements all program modifications resulting from case review final determinations.
· Manages time to ensure that appointments are kept and appropriate follow-up is done in a timely manner
· Meets or exceeds company performance standards related to coaching skills, customer service, documentation, customer satisfaction, and positive clinical and behavioral outcomes
· Manages time to assure documents and/or resources go out to members in a timely manner and according to department performance standards.
· Using Health Management electronic systems, documents member goals, clinical data, behavioral outcomes, and administrative details of all assigned members.
· Gathers detailed and accurate information on assigned members and enters data into electronic coaching record and other electronic systems and communication logs, including QA process.
· Maintains thorough, accurate, up-to-date and confidential records of all coaching sessions with members
· Answers questions submitted by assigned members during coaching sessions or online.
· Sends letters and faxes to physician’s offices or other referral sources as required by client contract or department protocol.
· Maintains confidentiality of all files and records.
· Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field (e.g. psychology, health education, exercise science, nutrition) required.
· Additional job-related and company approved certifications (e.g. in health education, coaching, nutrition, exercise or mind body) preferred.
· Coaching experience a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.