Call Center Customer Service, Clinical (Remote) $15/hr
American Specialty Health is searching for exceptional customer service professionals to join our high-volume call center to assist our members by providing exceptional customer service nationwide for our specialty network programs. By responding to customers’ inquiries and providing information regarding all aspects of the members’ association with ASH, this position will play an integral role in supporting our company’s mission to empower individuals to live healthier and longer.
Starting Pay: $15/hr with potential of $16/hr within first year, plus merit. Additional bonus opportunities based on performance after 6, 12, and 24 months.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional, accurate, timely and courteous manner.
- Ascertain the nature of the call and record information in the Communication Log.
- Look up member information using proprietary ASH systems and provide information to the caller.
- Forward logs requiring further research to the appropriate department.
- Transfer callers to the appropriate queue if question is of a more complex issue (claims, authorizations, etc).
- Utilize appropriate resources, including those online; to provide timely responses.
- Manage time to ensure calls are answered within required timeframes and appropriate follow up is done in a timely manner.
- Meet or exceed minimum key job accountabilities established for the Customer Service Representative position.
- Document all calls appropriately.
- Attends weekly staff and other meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork among department personnel.
- Responds to requests for internal and external customers and/or clients, as required.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one-year experience performing customer service duties; inbound call center experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
This job posting is not applicable in CO.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.