Executive Administrative Assistant
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant to join our Administrative department. This position will provide administrative assistance to the Sr. Executive Assistant to the Chairman/CEO and the Chairman/CEO. This person will also serve as a back-up and administrative support to the President (COO), the Sr. Executive Assistant, and others in the Executive Office on an as-needed basis.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
· Primary focus is to work with the Sr. Executive Assistant to provide continuity for and assistance to the Chairman & CEO.
· Back-up administrative support to President & COO.
· As directed from the Sr. Executive Assistant, manages Chairman/CEO complex calendar- scheduling internal/external meetings to include video conferencing/WebEx.
· Assists the Sr. Executive Assistant with travel for the Chairman/CEO & Jan DeVries (international & domestic, business & personal), preparing itineraries and travel agendas/logistics; and complete documents for travel-related meetings.
· Prepares and organizes financial reports to include expense reports for the Chairman/CEO and Jan DeVries, business travel accounts (BTA), and AMEX credit card reconciliation.
· Assists with Board meetings to include boardroom set up & catering.
· Responsible for several meetings during Key Meeting Week – appointments, agendas, set-up, WebEx, attendance.
· Works with manager on arrangements for key corporate meetings and events including, but not limited to: Quarterly All Staff Meetings, Quarterly Chairman’s Appreciation lunches, Annual Corporate Awards and Banquet, Year in Review, and Holiday events.
· Greets clients, guests and vendors and directs them to the appropriate contact.
· Ensures ASH is presented in an ethical, professional, and positive manner while maintaining high level of confidentiality.
· Performs general office duties- Types correspondence; works on reports and spreadsheets, assembles binders, makes copies, and does filing.
· Processes Expense reports of Chairman’s direct reports.
· Maintains log of ASH Contracts/Agreements.
· Maintains Chairman/CEO & Jan DeVries “working” calendar of to include travel, business & personal appointments.
· Maintains A6 departmental inventory and orders office and kitchen supplies.
· Ensures all office equipment is operating accurately and submits Service Desk tickets as needed.
· Keeps storage areas organized and adequately stocked.
· Updates Chairman/CEO’s contact list to ensure it is correct and current.
· Assists with receiving and distributing incoming mail and packages.
· Coordinates and is responsible for set-up and clean-up of onsite breakfast and lunch meetings, and other various meetings as needed.
· Assists with managing ASH owned condos. Duties include: schedule cleaners, order house supplies, coordinate with various service vendors/techs such as plumbers, cable company techs, property manager regarding condo service issues, process/pay utility bills.
· Participates as a member of the Corporate Administrative Team.
· Responsible for scheduling the Client Center by Ensuring that when used, the responsible person has cleaned up, re-stocked supplies and the area is left in the same good order as when they accepted the keys.
· Keeps an inventory of kitchen items including, but not limited to: Health bars and healthy snacks, coffee/tea/juices, and water. Maintains an inventory of linens, dinner plates, salad plates, salad bowls, serving bowls, cups and saucers, glasses and flatware.
· Runs errands as directed; drives automobile as necessary to destination.
· Ensures account numbers for Loyalty Award Programs are current and updates spreadsheets on a regular basis.
· Keeps an inventory of Executive Suite kitchen including, but not limited to healthy bars and snacks, coffee/tea/juices and water. Maintains an inventory of linens, plates and flatware.
· Assists with special projects as directed by Manager.
· Work with Jan DeVries on certain tasks and projects.
· Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience providing administrative support to high level executive position.
· Proficient in MS Office with intermediate skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; with specific experience in word processing, database management, preparing presentations, and creating forms and spreadsheets.
· Experience managing calendars and travel arrangements required.
· Ability to check his/her own work and effectively proof-read work.
· Valid California driver’s license with good driving record; and availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.