Manager, Privacy & Regulatory Strategy (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Manager, Privacy and Regulatory Compliance to join our Regulatory and Program Compliance department. This position will ensure privacy office matters are handled in a compliant and timely manner as specified by law, regulation, contractual requirements and/or management. This includes keeping VP, Regulatory Strategic Development (VP RSD) and other senior management apprised of privacy matters that will impact the company.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Responsible for managing privacy related provisions in contracts that support the company’s business. Ensures that appropriate language to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, client contractual requirements and accreditation requirements are integrated into contracts, including privacy statements, relied on by the company for its clients, members and vendors. This includes ensuring Business Associate Agreements and/or Privacy Exhibits, are included where required or appropriate in ASH contracts. Responsible for developing and maintaining privacy consent and other opt-in forms and processes required for ASH’s business needs. Updates and completes, at the direction of the VP, Regulatory and Program Compliance, annual and on-going assessments of contracts and privacy statements, Business Associate Agreement templates, Privacy Statement templates, and other agreements/consent forms as needed for company operations. These duties are performed at the direction of the VP RSD. Reports results of all assigned activities to the VP RSD and conducts follow up on findings as directed by the VP. Works with internal departments to complete assessments and identify and remedy compliance concerns.
- The Manager serves as the VP’s primary back-up, with respect to assigned functions of the Privacy Officer, including managing and overseeing assigned aspects of documentation for the privacy contract program, related policies, procedures and forms. and facilitation of the company’s Privacy and Security Key Process Team (PSKPT) and participation in the Data Management Workgroup.
- Monitors new laws and regulations impacting the Privacy Office. Confers as needed with Regulatory and Program Compliance on such developments. Presents new privacy-related laws and regulations to PSPKT and the Corporate Compliance Committees, providing recommendations to the same regarding compliance with such changes. Provides VP RSD with reports of such activity as assigned.
- Keeps the VP RSD and senior management informed of all compliance issues for assigned responsibilities. Researches and follows through as needed to comply with company policy, accreditation standards and state and federal regulatory requirements, as well as delegated contractual business associate requirements, for assigned responsibilities. Ensures regulatory agency and contractual deadlines are met.
- Works with various departments to provide information and direction with regard to all privacy-related regulatory agency and contractual requirements. Assist such departments in the resolution of issues.
- Responsible for maintenance, review and development, at the direction of the VP RSD of policy, procedures, templates and forms related to assigned Privacy Office functions. Coordinates policy review with Policy Operations team to ensure timely review of company policies supporting assigned Privacy Office functions. Coordinates contract templates and privacy statement reviews with Contracts and the appropriate business owners. Ensures such Privacy Office related policies, procedures and forms are reviewed and updated, as needed, but no less frequently than annually, in a timely manner due to changes in law, accreditation standards, contractual requirements, and company policy. Supports and provides lead role in renewing and maintaining privacy or security accreditations. Aids, as directed by the VP RSD, with regard to training for internal departments and staff related to Privacy Office functions and materials.
- Completes all ASH University training requirements, including required regulatory trainings, as well as ad hoc trainings required by management, within required timeframes. Completes external trainings and certifications as required by the VP RSD for budgeted training/professional development.
- Paralegal Degree and/or Certificate or law degree. Bachelor’s degree in English or equivalent, helpful.
- Three to five years of experience with legal and/or privacy compliance in a health care environment.
- With a strong understanding of privacy laws and regulations and federal laws and regulations, as well as contractual concerns, pertaining to health care and provider group administrative functions, including but not limited to, Utilization Review, Third Party Administration and specialized health care services.
- Computer skills including word processing, Excel spreadsheets, Access and email.
- Detail orientated.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Office and/or Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $56,700 to $80,000 Full-Time Annual Salary
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.