Director, Fitness Network Recruitment
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Fitness Network Recruitment Director to oversee our Fitness Network Management department. This position is to lead the growth strategies of the ASH Fitness, Fitness Center recruitment and contracting teams. The position is responsible for the overall growth of the fitness center provider networks including lead generation, negotiations, and contracting with fitness centers. Leadership responsibilities include autonomous judgment and decision making combined with acute strategic planning, financial analysis and management.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Leads, evaluates, develops, manages, educates, reports and is responsible for all activities related to growth strategies associated with recruitment and contracting of fitness centers and fitness studios.
- Continually evaluates and prioritizes need for fitness center/ fitness studio expansion and recruitment of all groups across the country.
- Develops, leads, executes, manages and reports department growth and expansion strategies in support of all client needs on national basis.
- Oversees, manages and updates based on client need, department work plans by client and assures appropriate updates and status of such activities are appropriately communicated within the organization.
- Oversees and leads fitness center/fitness studio recruitment teams including contract negotiations and execution.
- Oversees the implementation of a structured recruitment training platform that assures both skills sets based on group expansion as well as quality related to education and maintenance is achieved among department staff and management teams.
- Establishes and leads implementation strategy and structure for fitness center/ fitness studios contract negotiations with a specific focus on the development of the fitness center premium network offerings including price negotiation and strategy.
- Directly involved in negotiating large multi-facility fitness centers to reach financial objectives while balancing and achieving cost reductions for clients.
- Responsible for ongoing production and continuous enhancements of management’s direct reports in order to monitor group growth, attrition and status in support of both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Responsible for monitoring activities and growth of all fitness centers/ fitness studios.
- Sets goals and objectives for staff, monitors and establishes a successful model of accountability.
- Evaluates staffing needs on an ongoing basis to ensure adequate coverage and supports annual budget evaluation in determining resource needs.
- Participates with other members of management external to the department to discuss operational and organizational matters and ensures that efficient and effective teamwork is maintained within the organization.
- Provides input towards the development of organizational goals, recruitment strategies, budgets, and other long and short-term goals, objectives and structure in department.
- Liaison and communication with Fitness Client Services team to assure client objectives are defined, implemented into department strategy, reported and demonstrating success in meeting expectations of all ASH Fitness’ clients on national basis.
- Liaison and communication with other key team leaders in the organization that support our fitness center/ fitness studio contracting.
- Develops and supports structure and strategy for annual fitness center/ fitness studio initiatives that support growth objectives of department.
- Provides support to Sales and sales operations in procurement of new clients and expansion opportunities with existing clients as needed.
- Serves on various committees, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care, related field or equivalent. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in the sales, health care, provider recruitment fields or equivalent, with at least 5 years in operations and sales.
- Success in managing inside sales teams and cold calling prospects.
- Leadership experience in strategy development, execution, communication, network analysis, financial modeling and meeting planned objectives.
- Experience in growth/productivity environment, training platforms and strategic management is preferred.
- Outstanding verbal, public speaking, and written communication skills.
- Comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), CRM or equivalent database systems.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Valid State issued Drivers license with good driving record.
- Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Must have acceptable credit to qualify for a company American Express Card.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within and outside the office as required to meet business needs. Ability to drive and travel by air. Ability to move up to 30 lbs. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.