Software Engineer in Test I (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Software Engineer in Test I to join our growing organization. We are looking for creative and analytical problem-solvers to join one of our growing Consumer Technology teams and help us continue to improve our products and processes so that our members and customers can reach their goals. As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, ASH is seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Assists in design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications and test tools.
- Performs routine automation assignments with minimum Manager’s supervision.
- Develops an understanding of assigned automation tools, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge.
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
- Design and develop White-box testing of applications.
- Assist in providing time estimates of assigned tasks and compare estimates to actual time spent in order to improve estimating accuracy.
- Recommends possible improvements in applications.
- Performs code reviews.
- Communicate directly with product owner and end users.
- Participates in the training or development of others, as directed.
- Maintains familiarity with and uses department methodology as appropriate.
- Monitors and ensures automated processes run as expected. Responsible for remediation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer or technical related field or equivalent experience required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years software test automation experience, including object-oriented development, working with relational databases and writing SQL queries or stored procedures.
- Experience with software quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL.
- Experience with development and consumption of web services preferred.
- Experience with XSLT, XML, JSON.
- HTTP, C#, SQL experience.
- Experience with software design patterns.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver or working with Web Services and APIs.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies such as Dynamics CRM, ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, SQL is a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
Hourly Salary Range
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $39.25 to $50.76 Hourly Wage
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.