Main Receptionist, Customer Service
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced Main Receptionist for our Customer Service department. This position will ensure that all calls are answered and transferred in accordance with ASH performance standards.
- Answers all calls courteously and professionally within 30 seconds.
- Transfers calls appropriately.
- Pages overhead as necessary.
- Keeps updated information on employee lists, temporary employee extensions, and other materials.
- Screens incoming calls for personnel noted on the screening list.
- Maintains a quality percentage average (via silent monitoring) of 98% or more.
- As a team, allows no more than 1% of all calls to overflow to the Auto-Attendant.
- Assists Customer Service department and other departments with assignments.
- Retrieves and redirects voice mail messages to appropriate personnel.
- Checks in and stamps incoming tracers.
- Assists and advises training for receptionist position.
- Assists Customer Service department with special projects.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- 1-2 years experience with busy phone system, voice mail and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Companys legal duty to furnish information.