Clinical Network Field Recruiter (Remote and Travel) (Non HR)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Clinical Network Recruiter III to join our Practitioner Contracting/Communications team. This position will successfully recruit all clinical practitioner types.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $45,000 to $60,000 Full-Time Annual Salary Range
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained virtually and must have the capability to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This position will require occasional onsite office work. ASH requires all onsite employees and employees who travel for their position to either (a) establish they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation.
- Interfaces with various clinical practitioner types to promote ASH and to execute practitioner contracts for key health plan clients to support relationships and to provide delivery system updates.
- Maintain ongoing focus for productivity in a fast-paced environment and meets deadlines in an environment where priorities may change.
- Ability to display effective presentations, deal with objections productively, build and maintain positive interdependent relationships.
- Sends all practitioner packets and other necessary recruitment materials requested by practitioners in support of contracting efforts.
- Generates effective electronic correspondence with practitioner offices.
- Identifies outreach opportunities and requirements and interfaces with supervisor and corporate office to coordinate.
- Travels within state and nationally as required to meet business needs.
- Determines areas of required network development on a state/specialty specific basis within assigned campaigns including underserved rural territories.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor and manager as well as corporate office to ensure recruitment goals are being met.
- Supports department by assisting on special projects, conferences, and employer health fairs as directed.
- Contacts practitioners via telephone and face to face meetings for practitioner relations, education, and issue resolution. Meets minimum monthly recruitment goals for applications received, client expectations, and field appointments held.
- Provides mentoring to telephonic recruiters. Provides support to new recruiters, performs buddy calls, and assesses recruitment skills. Defines initial skill development needs and works with supervisor to create individual skill development plans.
- Train recruitment staff on skills, including performing debriefs and role play scenarios.
- Prepares literature research on the internet as assigned and prepares summaries of data.
- Associate degree or equivalent preferred. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum four years combined experience in Sales/related duties, healthcare provider contracting, including but not limited to clinical, wellness, and fitness industry experience or two-year Telerecruiter experience at ASH.
- One year experience in job-related travel preferred.
- Contract negotiation skills and experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Valid residential state driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Must have acceptable credit to qualify for a company American Express Card.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Organized, results oriented team player.
ASH requires all onsite employees and employees who travel for their position to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Ability to travel. Ability to sit and work within an office environment.
Ability to speak, see, and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within and outside the facility. Ability to drive and travel by air. Ability to move up to 50 lbs. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard.
Usual home office setting, along with travel.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.