Director, Corporate Communication
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Director of Corporate Communications to work with our Marketing team. This position will lead the Corporate Communications teams for American Specialty Health, including PR, Social Media, Corporate Events, and Presentations. In close partnership with the VP Marketing, this position serves our C-suite executive team and Human Resource department with integrated, coordinated, and engaging communications that support company reputation, employee engagement, and recruiting. Examples of this are the business leadership of our ASHCompanies.com website, our corporate social media channels, press relations, and employee events such as New Employee Orientations. As part of our Engage! Creative Group in-house creative agency, this position also partners heavily with our Marketing business teams and Creative Services Team to deliver powerful PR, Social Media, and Presentation deliverables that support our integrated campaigns to drive business results.
- Leads and manages corporate communications team.
- Leads and manages two small teams: PR/Social Media and Corporate Presentations and Events.
- Sets goals and objectives for staff; prepares and delivers performance evaluations.
- Evaluates and manages staffing and budget needs; manages project budgets.
- Monitors staff project loads and assists staff in prioritizing workloads.
- Hires, trains, coaches, and develops staff of managers and individual contributors.
- Develops and documents processes and procedures for compliance across each functional area; trains staff, and develops new procedures as needed for privacy and security.
- This is a Position of Trust within ASH that has additional confidentiality requirements.
- Manages strategy and operations for corporate communications teams.
- Responsible for quality writing in the company “voice” in partnership with our content team, and creation of presentations and events that are “on brand”.
- Generates rich, engaging coverage of ASH in approved content areas, driving near-term business impact and long-term brand awareness.
- Acts as primary contact for top-tier press.
- Support ASH’s goals with executive speaking strategy as needed.
- Play a key role in driving and implementing a thought leadership agenda to drive brand awareness.
- Partners with VP Marketing and CMO on overall corporate messaging.
- Proactively report on outcomes, tactics, and program evolution to internal teams and executives.
- Uses resources effectively (people, time, expenses), and focuses on operational efficiency, to manage within or below budgetary targets based upon current business environment.
- Represents Marketing in interdepartmental teams.
- Leads partnership with HR on corporate communications and employee engagement initiatives.
- Partners with VP Marketing and CEO on overall corporate messaging.
- Leads partnership with business teams on supporting integrated campaign initiatives that drive results.
- Responsible for plans and adherence to all Regulatory Compliance processes and Privacy policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business, English or equivalent; advanced degree preferred. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience in corporate communications functions, including PR, Social Media, Corporate Events and company website.
- Expert skills in communications, media relations, writing, message development, and reputation management. Preferably in healthcare setting. Have solid experience serving as a company spokesperson.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a supervisory and team leadership capacity with demonstrated strong leadership and management capabilities.
- Significant experience in managing internal and/or external agencies, including use of creative brief, traffic/operations processes and management of cross functional creative team.
- Significant experience in leading and implementing PR and Social Media strategies, virtual and live employee events.
- Strong track record for embracing and executing company “voice” through corporate communications deliverables.
- Proven experience working effectively with C-suite executives, including CEO.
- Familiarity with Agile development process.
- Sound judgement and demonstrated ability to work with C-level executives on message development for key corporate priorities and timely issues.
- Proven ability to think strategically, manage multiple creative projects and generate creative, cost-effective solutions on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with internal and external clients and teams.
- Ability to effectively manage high-pressure crisis situations, and work in ambiguity to define a clear path.
- Ability to “see the bigger picture” and ensure you are leveraging ASH’s resources to greatest impact.
- Ability to measure and use data to develop insights and turn into actionable recommendations.
- PC proficient with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Management-level experience in building and managing marketing communication budgets and hiring and developing teams.
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. Once ASH determines employees can return to the office, candidates may be required to work in a local office. Limited visits to the office in person may be required. While onsite, social distancing and masks are required along with adherence to ASH’s Communicable Disease and Pandemic Policy.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time. Some travel as needed to support conferences, tradeshows, and educational seminars.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility and external as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs, if needed.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.