Employee Relations Specialist
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Specialist, Employee Relations to join our Human Resources department. This position will handle employee relations issues and the performance management process.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained virtually and must have the capability to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This position will require occasional onsite office work. ASH requires all onsite employees and employees who travel for their position to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation.
- Provide support to Associate Director, Employee Relations, Sr. Employee Relations Specialist, and management team on employee relations issues.
- Supports management on personnel issues, interpreting policy and employee relations practices based on policies and legal considerations.
- Recommends courses of action on individual employee matters including performance and discipline concerns for day-to-day employee relations activity.
- Seeks counsel as directed and refers significant or complex matters to Associate Director, Employee Relations.
- Initiates and conducts timely investigations, prepares documentation, and make recommendations for disciplinary action.
- Gathers background information and prepares formal disciplinary actions. Ensures official cases are properly maintained with complete documentation to support proposed or final actions.
- Reviews and approves performance improvement plans. Ensures proper protocol is followed when preparing actions related to employee relations.
- Provides managers and supervisors with direction and assistance on performance, conduct, discipline, policies, and procedures related to employee relations issues
- Provides expert advice in support of management's goal to improve the performance and efficiency of the organization.
- Conducts terminations as directed.
- Conducts exit interviews. Discusses exit findings with management. Recommends and implements strategies to retain staff.
- Conducts Preliminary checks for candidates.
- Assist in Managing the Employee Relations Inbox. Responds to unemployment claims.
- Recognizes unique and/or problem situations within assigned area of responsibility, researches, and formulates solutions in conjunction with Associate Director, Employee Relations.
- Provides support to Associate Director, Employee Relations on other employee relations matters as needed.
- Manage performance management process for non-exempt employees.
- Reviews, edits, and approves performance evaluations to ensure consistency and compliance.
- Reviews Performance Management Tools and recommends enhancements and revisions to assist management in meeting goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related field. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Human Resources with 1 year experience directly handling employee relations and performance management.
- Certificate in Human Resources preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to positively persuade and assertively communicate needs, policies or practices.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting and remote work from home office.
This job posting is not applicable in CO.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.