Supervisor, Practitioner Contract Administration
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Supervisor for our Practitioner Contract Administration department. The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the activities and assigned staff in the department in order to meet/exceed department standards and turn-around times.
· Supervises the activities and staff of a Practitioner Contract Administration team to ensure that accuracy and productivity meets/exceeds company standards and health plan expectations.
· Coordinates workflow and assignments to staff members.
· Monitors performance and productivity standards, both individually and collectively.
· Evaluates performance, provides constructive feedback, conducts counseling and training sessions, and supports staff members in the accomplishment of assigned objectives and projects.
· Assists staff in resolving technical issues.
· Assesses trends, practitioner issues, and credentialing challenges. Presents findings and recommendations to Sr. Manager.
· Recognizes unique and problem situations within assigned areas of responsibility. Researches and formulates solutions in conjunction with Sr. Manager.
· Evaluates staffing and resource needs and makes recommendations to Sr. Manager.
· Recruits, interviews and recommends the hiring of new staff members.
· Prepares and delivers performance appraisals.
· When necessary, prepares and delivers corrective action plans and participates in the termination process.
· Ensures that the team represents ASH in an ethical, professional, and positive manner.
· Maintains confidentiality of all practitioner data, and related issues.
· Compiles and reports daily, weekly, and monthly status activity and results
· Monitors incoming work and inventory of work on hand and is prepared to report results to Sr. Manager at any given time.
· Tracks daily, weekly and monthly production and status reports.
· Produces monthly departmental reports monitoring the team’s progress and needs.
· Associates degree or equivalent. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
· Two years of experience with 10 key, typing, and computer skills.
· Industry health care experience preferred.
· Knowledge of American Specialty Health preferred.
· Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Access software.
· Core Competencies
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.