Software Engineer II (Remote)
American Specialty Health is seeking a passionate and analytical individual looking to contribute his/her skills and leadership to the Software Engineering Team. The Software Engineer II will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and maintaining software applications using the latest Microsoft technologies with minimal supervision.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $89,500 to $150,000 Full-Time Annual Salary
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications
- Performs routine programming assignments under Manager’s supervision
- Develops an understanding of assigned application and internal customer area, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials
- Unit testing as applicable
- Providing time estimates of assigned tasks and compare estimates to actual time spent in order to improve estimating accuracy
- Recommends possible improvements in applications
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Mentor junior programmers
- Properly refactor legacy components as needed
- Communicate directly with product owner and end users
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT, computer, or technical related field or equivalent experience. High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience performing computer programming with experience in ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, SQL
- Experience with web development programming in a client/server setup required.
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL required.
- Exceeds expectations of a programmer with demonstrated proficiency in coding.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise level applications required.
- Experience with development and consumption of web services preferred
- Experience with XSLT, XML required
- HTTP, C#, SQL optimization experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.