Staff Data Scientist
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Staff Data Scientist to join our Information Management Department. This position will be responsible for developing and directing machine learning initiatives, supporting data-driven product development, and driving other predictive analytics needs for the organization. The Staff Data Scientist will use a variety of data mining/data analysis methods and tools to build and implement models, create algorithms and run simulations that drive product and process optimization.
Remote Worker Considerations:
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Manages assigned projects. Ensures accurate and prompt completion of deliverables working cooperatively with all internal and external contacts. Analyzes, evaluates, and documents requests to understand and prioritize requests appropriately.
- Develop machine learning algorithms by thoroughly understanding the business need, exploring data, building predictive models, and deploying completed models to production to deliver business impact to the organization.
- Build accurate and automated monitoring tools to track performance of the models.
- Use data to independently analyze and identify opportunities to improve business outcomes.
- Develop a strong understanding of how end users behave through data, using that understanding to define and track KPIs for our products.
- Recommend product improvements based on data analysis.
- Lead data science and machine learning initiatives to drive business value from start to finish including project planning, communication and stakeholder management.
- Think and act independently and with creativity to uncover and solve business problems.
- Work closely with leaders across functions to define and execute strategies and roadmaps.
- Support organizational data governance and data quality initiatives and practices.
- Present findings using sound data visualization techniques.
- Build and maintain relationships across the organization to anticipate and meet stakeholder needs.
- Apply critical thinking skills when gathering requirements to translate non-technical requirements into a user story from which to develop solutions.
- Serves on committees, workgroups, and project teams as needed.
- Always maintains confidentiality of all sensitive business information.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 3 years’ progressive experience leading data science initiatives across diverse products.
- Minimum of 6 years working with programming languages like SQL, Python, and R.
- Minimum of 3 years with business intelligence tools like Tableau and/or PowerBI.
- Experience with other data science tools such as SAS, Jupiter Notebooks, PySpark, TensorFlow, and Machine Learning frameworks such as Azure AD a plus.
- Strong mathematics and statistics skills; strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-directed with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with healthcare data and/or ASH’s proprietary systems a plus.
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning algorithms and predictive models.
- Ability to build accurate and automated monitoring tools to track performance of the models.
- Ability to thoroughly understand business problems and use a strong problem-solving capability to build solutions to those challenges.
- Independently use data to analyze and identify opportunities to improve business outcomes.
- Experience using data to recommend product improvements.
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders to define and execute strategies and roadmaps.
- Familiarity with data governance and data quality initiatives and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Within facility, normal office conditions, including lighting and ventilation. Minor noise from conversations and general office equipment (telephone, printer, etc.). When required to travel outside the facility, usual weather, traffic, and related conditions are applicable.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
This job posting is not applicable in CO
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.