Front End Engineer II (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Front End Engineer II to work with our Consumer Technology- Software Department. This position will be responsible for creating single page apps, while working closely with, and providing support to, front end developers, software (API) engineers, designers, and product owners. He or she will be expected to help mentor Associate Front End Engineers and interns.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
· Develop mobile-first, single page apps using Ember.js for use on various devices and in various environments.
· Provide support to the rest of the web development team by converting mockups and wireframes into clean, easy to maintain, and reusable components (using Ember.js).
· Validate / test for 508 compliancy and cross-browser/platform/device compatibility.
· Write clean, maintainable, and reusable code that adheres to code standards (check them out at https://github.com/ashdevelopment/standards).
· Assist with discovery and diagnoses of bugs in the development environment.
· Participate in Front End and scrum team meetings.
· Maintains code libraries and documents technical specs.
· Research solutions.
· Participate in code standards and code reviews.
· Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, computer science, or a related degree (or equivalent experience). If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
· Experience building websites that adhere to mobile-first functionality and fluid layouts.
· Experience creating reusable components for use across multiple apps in the form of web components, or components as defined in Ember, React, Vue, Angular, etc. We use Ember, so experience with Ember is a plus.
· 1+ year writing ES2015, as well as Node.js.
· Experience writing tasks in Gulp.js or a similar build tool.
· Experience writing unit, integration, and acceptance/UI tests.
· Experience working in an agile environment.
· Demonstrated concern for website performance and user experience. Able to give examples of ways to enhance performance on single page apps.
· Up-to-date on the latest Web APIs, as well as HTML features and keeps abreast of browsers support for those features.
· Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies and tools.
· Able to write meaningful unit, integration, and acceptance/UI tests.
· Proficiency with source control, using git or TFS.
· Knowledge of current W3C and accessibility standards. Must be able to develop sites that adhere to 508 compliance, while adopting newer accessibility standards.
· Able to develop against OWASP Top 10 security risks.
· Able to participate in code reviews and provide feedback to more junior level engineers.
· Able to work independently on tasks in a fast-paced, scrum environment, as well as represent the front end on cross-disciplined teams.
· Must be able to create reusable components and packages using NPM and maintain excellent documentation and semantic versioning of those packages.
· Able to adhere to team code standards and contribute new ideas to those standards.
· Must be able to show examples of work and ideas through GitHub, CodePen, or a personal site.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
Within facility, normal office conditions, including lighting and ventilation. Minor noise from conversations and general office equipment (telephone, printer, etc.). When required to travel outside the facility, usual weather, traffic and related conditions are applicable.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $89.300 to $120,000 Full Time Annual Salary Range.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.