American Specialty Health, Inc. is looking for a Data Architect to join our Information Management team. The primary purpose of this position is to manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of the internal data warehouse(s) and data initiatives. Responsible for ensuring the success of all aspects of initiatives charged with overseeing. Interacts with web and report developers and all levels of management to determine project requirements for the enhancements and new development initiatives. Assists in the design and development of these new systems, including the implementation, testing, documentation, and end-user training.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Plans, coordinates, and administers all functions in support of the BI/DW database environments including database definitions, structures, documentation, and data standards.
- Supports and collaborates with BI and Development teams
- Architect and design scalable, high-traffic performance real-time and historical ETL processes
- Work with system operations group (SOG) to coordinate infrastructure installations and upgrades, security, backups, and recovery, and performance optimization/tuning.
- Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards related to the management and usage of the BI/DW database environments.
- Manages of ongoing and new development in relation to assigned systems.
- Design, develop and implement database interfaces using Microsoft technologies.
- Monitor data warehouse performance.
- Develops logical/physical data models and database structural design and development, oversees the design, implementation and support of the database(s) and metadata structures based on technical and functional requirements.
- Reviews Data Warehouse business cases and initiatives to identify, assess, and communicate feasibility, architecture requirements, costs and issues.
- Provide review of Business Reporting Solution processes and offer recommendations for continuous improvement
- Helps establish ETL development standards and conventions.
- Ensures compliance with corporate data management processes & policies, including enforcing a common architectural framework and design patterns across the BI/DW implementations/environments.
- Define and develop enterprise information management standards, policies, and procedures, including data warehousing, data governance, and ETL, BI, and metadata management.
- Ensures common application architectural frame work and patterns across the Data Warehouse Platform and conformance with best practices where interfacing with operational systems;
- Assumes a leadership role in ensuring that new and existing applications abide by established DW architectural standards;
- Oversees the design and delivery of proof-of-concept for new or improved Data Warehouse technologies;
- Development of standard and custom reports, dashboards and other information solutions. Maintain the scheduling, distribution, and refresh of business information. Provide production support for the reporting environment.
- Liaison with company stakeholders to ensure understanding of service expectations and requirements.
- Report to manager any problems and status of progress on all projects.
- Assist in end-user training, testing, and debugging of DW/BI-related applications and reports.
- Oversee workflow and project details to ensure project completion meets deadlines.
- Collaborates with the business units and other IT teams in delivering robust, high quality and effective BI/DW solutions.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to business users, team members and other IT staff on BI/DW database design and data management best practices, techniques, standards and approaches.
- Frequently communicates and interacts with business analysts, business development, software architects, project managers, technical leads, software developers, and testers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Requires a minimum of two years of experience with architect, design and develop enterprise data warehouse components, including databases and ETL, MS-SQL Stored procedures, functions, etc. and architect, design and develop operational databases required for BI applications.
- Experience with the data warehousing process from ETL (extract, transform, and load), to OLAP (online analytical processing), to business intelligence end-user canned/ad-hoc reports required.
- Experience with large enterprise data query optimization required.
- Experience with relational and dimensional modeling preferred.
- Experience in creating logical data models and physical data models using various tools preferred.
- Experience with ETL against custom-developed software, third-party information systems preferred.
- Experience developing, architecting, designing, and supporting data warehousing using current and legacy Microsoft technologies required.
- Familiarity with supporting ad-hoc BI tools such as SharePoint, Excel, and object-based reporting tools such as Tableau and Excel PowerPivot a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft business intelligence software and technologies including SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio.
- Knowledge of principles, techniques and best practices of enterprise data warehouse.
- Strong knowledge of various data formats including SQL databases, text-based files such as csv, and XML.
- Ability to assess, design and solve for unique situations.
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines that have varying degrees of technical experience.
- Excellent collaboration, facilitation, people and project management skills.
- Excellent time management skills demonstrated by the ability to execute and prioritize among multiple projects and team management tasks while working within tight deadlines.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and a focus for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to