Specialist, Corporate Meetings & Events
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Specialist, Corporate Meetings and Events to join our Marketing team. This position will support our company’s meetings and events by creating strategic plans, preparing all logistics for any given event, and traveling to support events onsite as needed. Events may be onsite, virtual, or hybrid. Examples of key corporate events include quarterly New Employee Orientations focused on CEO/Executive presentations to new employees, annual Corporate Awards Banquet virtual show, annual Year-in-Review meeting, and other social events as needed.
- Provides support for corporate meetings and events.
- Provides leadership on ASH corporate events such as Employee Orientation, Chairman’s Appreciation Events, and social events.
- Provides support for all aspects of events including stakeholder communications, venue and/or meeting platform research, invitations and other mailings, RSVPs, giveaways, signage, on-site support as needed, waiver scanning, and event wrap up.
- Provides support and planning for virtual corporate meetings.
- Collaborates with the relevant partners in Human Resources, Management, Administrative, Creative, Facilities, and IT as needed to ensure event plans are aligned and communicated.
- For assigned events, coordinates the food and beverage, audio visual, communications and other logistics as needed, to include marketing department functions.
- Leads or assists in the creation of PowerPoint presentations in support of internal or external meetings.
- Works with VP, Marketing, Director, and Chief Administrative Staff in creating and maintaining an up-to-date corporate events calendar and ensures all changes are posted immediately.
- Provides additional support to department as directed by marketing managers.
- May manage rooming lists for key events.
- Proofreads event communications to ensure accuracy.
- Manages the event accessory inventory.
- Supports other client or Fitness events as needed in partnership with manager and sales support team.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, management, business administration, or equivalent work experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing, event planning and management, or project management; experience in the health care industry a plus.
- Experience with planning or managing virtual events or meetings preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate internally with all levels within the organization (executives to line staff) and externally (with vendors, staff, and consultants).
- Ability to develop and execute project plans across a category, such as New Employee Orientations, company award ceremonies, and monthly pre-recorded meetings, in addition to working with management, executives, and across departments to establish event master schedules.
- Ability to create engaging PowerPoint presentations for live and virtual meetings.
- Experience with managing and leading virtual meetings via Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or other platforms.
- Ability to create and host creative and engaging live, hybrid, and virtual events.
- Ability to work independently to adhere to established event plan schedules for assigned projects, including working occasional long hours and some weekends to support unique event schedules.
- Experience working with an agency workflow platform to lead across functional teams to execute live, hybrid, and virtual meetings and events.
- Experience with writing and delivering creative briefs.
- Ability to create and manage spreadsheets, MS Word mail merge skills a plus.
ASH requires all onsite employees and employees who travel for their position to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility and to other offsite locations; ability to drive and travel by air as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Hybrid work setting with 50% being in office and 50% being Work-from-home (WFH).
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.