Client Services Manager II
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Manager II to join our Client Services department. This position will serve as primary contact to designated clients and to provide exemplary customer service that results in client retention and satisfaction.
Remote Worker Considerations:
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Handles service activities to support existing client relationships and implement new programs.
- Acts as primary contact and client advocate on behalf of ASH with assigned clients and accounts.
- Serves as the source of knowledge regarding assigned client relationships and programs.
- Works autonomously to lead the implementation process and/or provide day to day service for moderately complex programs.
- Accepts and/or returns phone calls from clients within the same business day of receipt, Monday through Friday, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M PST.
- At a minimum, acknowledges receipt of emails from clients within 24 hours of receipt.
- Creates and distributes routine status reports and/or implementation work plans to internal and external clients.
- Keeps department executives abreast of issues related to assigned accounts on a routine basis.
- Seeks support from and provides client updates at Key Process Team (KPT) meetings as appropriate.
- Communicates with department executive and members of the Executive Management Team on high level issues to ensure appropriate response and resolution.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation of client interactions, activities, processes and issue resolution; ensures meeting minutes and action items are prepared and documented within two days of a client meeting. Upon implementation of the CRM, tracks and documents client issues in the CRM.
- Utilizes and directs support staff with facilitation of administrative activities and servicing issues.
- Establishes and maintains positive professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Interfaces with ASH staff to resolve issues, answer questions and triage responses.
- Proactively engages internal customers and subject matter experts to effectively manage internal and external customer expectations.
- Actively participates in collaborative team environment to support development of Client Services Manager I’s.
- Routinely engages client contacts to provide proactive service and actively assess client status, concerns and expectations.
- Coordinates Performance Standard and/or Joint Operational Committee Meetings with clients and provides client support for operational trainings and delegation audits.
- Handles necessary administrative duties to properly support, implement or renew health plan accounts.
- Acts as a back-up for other Client Services Managers.
- Travels as necessary to support client implementation and retention.
- Keeps abreast of ASH policies and procedures.
- Provides departmental support for maintaining key documents such as benefit breakdown grids, client readiness grid, upcoming implementation grid and files as well as participates in client and prospective client entertainment and assists with other functions and projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Extensive experience of which 2 years have been as a Manager I, Client Services at ASH or 3-6 years’ experience in an equivalent position in a managed healthcare plan.
- Experience servicing managed health care plans (HMO, PPO, POS and related plans) required.
- Proficient in MS Office with experience in database management and spreadsheet creation and maintenance.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Must have acceptable credit to qualify for a company American Express Card.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
This job posting is not applicable in CO
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.