Software Engineer I
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking Software Engineer I to join our growing organization. We are looking for creative and analytical problem-solvers to join one our growing Information Technology teams and help us continue to improve our products and processes so that our members and customers can reach their goals. As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, ASH is seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured. Sign on Bonuses Available!
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health's events on our events page.
- Assists in design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications
- Performs routine programming assignments under Managers supervision
- Develops an understanding of assigned application and internal customer area, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials
- Unit testing as applicable
- Assist in providing time estimates of assigned tasks and compare estimates to actual time spent in order to improve estimating accuracy
- Recommends possible improvements in applications
- Bachelors degree in an IT, computer, or technical related field or equivalent experience. High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year of progressive experience performing computer programming with experience in ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, SQL
- Experience with web development programming in a client/server setup required
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL required
- Exceeds expectations of an associate programmer with demonstrated proficiency in coding
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak clearly, see, and hear other personnel and/or objects. Physically capable to stand, sit, kneel, crouch, and climb. Capable of using hand tools and manipulation of small parts. Frequently lifting equipment up to 40 lbs.
Normal office setting, minor noise, frequent interruptions. Occasional dust accumulation around and in equipment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled vetean, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Companys legal duty to furnish information.