Software Engineer I (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Software Engineer I to join our Information Technology - Software Department. This position will assist in designing software applications. Develop and maintain software applications using latest Microsoft technologies.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Assists in design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications.
- Performs routine programming assignments under Manager’s supervision.
- Develops an understanding of assigned application and internal customer area, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge.
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
- Unit testing as applicable.
- Assist in providing time estimates of assigned tasks and compare estimates to actual time spent in order to improve estimating accuracy.
- Recommends possible improvements in applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT, computer, or technical related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year of progressive experience performing computer programming with experience in ASP.Net, C#, SQL.
- Experience with web development programming in a client/server setup required.
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL required.
- Exceeds expectations of an associate programmer with demonstrated proficiency in coding.
- Maintain productivity in a changing environment.
- Completing tasks in a fast-paced development cycle.
- Familiarity with software development life cycles such as Agile or SCRUM.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $40.00 to $55.00 Hourly Wage Range.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.