Graphics Designer II
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Graphic Designer II to join our Marketing department. This position is an integral part of the creative team, contributing to building a strong brand identity and presence in all areas of visual design. This position is also responsible for developing creative design solutions that align with business objectives for a diverse client base, as well as all ASH lines of business and internal departments. This position will support Sales and Marketing outreach efforts in creating integrated multi-channel campaigns for brand awareness and to garner the attention of new business prospects. The Graphic Designer II also assists with providing peer-to-peer mentorship to junior graphic designers.
- Creative Development and Marketing Strategy.
- Develops unique, unexpected, relevant creative solutions for external clients and internal departments, including Sales.
- Provides peer-to-peer mentorship to junior designers.
- Collaborates with Creative Design Director, Graphic Design Manager and Copywriters to ensure design solutions and messaging are on brief and consistent with branding guidelines.
- Meets with clients and cross-department partners to assess needs and contribute to the development of Marketing strategy and annual communication plans.
- Contributes to the planning, conceptualization and development of multi-channel Sales and Marketing campaigns.
- Confers with clients, cross-departmental partners, and external vendors to ensure projects are executed on time from concept to completion.
- Coordinates print production with external vendors; attends press checks, as needed.
- Presents creative solutions, providing rationale and justification, while keeping business objectives top of mind.
- Constantly researches creative trends, materials, technology, processes, and competitive landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, or related field required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Portfolio that showcases a broad range of experience with print and digital media. Video post-production a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years graphic design experience working as part of a creative team of designers and writers.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, Acrobat, PowerPoint, MS Office (MAC platform).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - PowerPoint, MS Office, OneNote, and Teams (Mac platform)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition.
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- Knowledge of HubSpot and in-bound marketing tactics and best-practices.
- Strong technical skills, including pre-production and color management and press production.
- Experience mentoring/training junior graphic designers.
- Familiarity with health and wellness a plus.
- Driven, efficient, flexible and agile self-starter, with the ability to take the lead on high level projects with limited supervision.
- Approaches work with integrity, professionalism, and a positive attitude reflective of the ASH culture.
- Proven ability to conceptualize creative directions, develop unique, attention-getting designs, follow style guidelines and maintain brand consistency throughout all aspects of the creative process.
- Demonstrated skills collaborating with designers and copywriters to conceptualize, develop and implement messaging and branding efforts for multi-channel integrated marketing campaigns (print, digital, email).
- Strong foundational graphic principles with thorough understanding of print and digital processes.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure under pressure.
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. Once ASH determines employees can return the office, candidates may be required to work in a local office. Limited visits to the office in person may be required. While onsite, social distancing and masks are required along with adherence to ASH’s Communicable Disease and Pandemic Policy.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
AmericanSpecialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.