Specialist, Reports I
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Reports Specialist I to join our Information Management department. This position will prepare reports and files efficiently for health plan clients, internal clients, and state regulators. The Reports Specialist I will also adhere to high standards of data integrity and reporting timelines.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Queries and/or prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports based on internal and external client specifications as well as regulatory requirements.
- Queries and generates ad-hoc reports according to internal and external customer specifications.
- Performs ongoing maintenance to existing queries and reports.
- Analyzes and translates non-technical user requirements into written report specifications and existing data sources.
- Responsible for timely delivery of assigned reports to internal and external customers.
- Identifies data and reporting issues, researches trends, and presents findings to team and/or Management.
- Analyzes and prepares files for uploading to system tables.
- Maintains working knowledge in areas of assigned responsibility, including but not limited to ASH operational processes, data structure and content of ASH proprietary systems, and query techniques.
- Collaboratively work with assigned staff and ensures that accuracy and productivity meet/exceed company standards.
- Provides timely responses to internal and external inquiries.
- Performs testing, documents results, and presents findings to team and/or Management.
- Analyzes efficiency of current processes and makes recommendations to team and/or Management.
- Create and maintain end-user documentation.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience generating and preparing reports.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using T-SQL to query and extract data from relational databases in a work environment.
- Proficient in Outlook, Access, Excel, and Word.
- Experience in managed health care preferred.
- Experience with ASH processes and systems a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with the ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Within facility, normal office conditions, including lighting and ventilation. Minor noise from conversations and general office equipment (telephone, printer, etc.). When required to travel outside the facility, usual weather, traffic, and related conditions are applicable.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.