Graphic Design Manager
American Specialty Health, Inc. is looking for a dynamic Graphic Design Manager to join our marketing team and internal creative agency, “Engage! Creative Group”. As the in-house agency, we support both internal and external clients across various marketing initiatives to achieve shared goals. Serving as a Graphic Design Manager, you will provide design oversight and mentorship for the graphic design team – assisting the Director of Creative Design in fostering the development of graphic designers in their skills, as well as their ability to collaborate to meet customer needs. By working with the graphic design team, content team, and other internal and external client teams, you will create engaging brand experiences while ensuring our creative strategy is executed from concept through completion. You will collaborate and lead in the development, execution and presentation of several digital, traditional, and experiential integrated marketing and brand awareness campaigns, including video production, social media campaigns, website design, print collateral, and exhibit designs. You will represent American Specialty Health at all stages of engagement for projects in the healthcare, fitness, and lifestyle categories. Join us and be a part of elevating our marketing team to a new level.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
· Develops creative.
· Conceive and execute brand applications.
· Lay out print-based materials quickly and efficiently.
· Create clean, dynamic layouts with highly organized files.
· Assists with developing storyboards for video creation.
· Integrate brand identity throughout execution.
· Collaborate across internal and external channels.
· Contribute to defining the vision, direction and goals of projects.
· Coordinate internal and external print jobs. Work with internal processing services staff on file setup and transfer.
· Contact external vendors and negotiate price quotes on select print jobs, when necessary. Maintain list of contacts with preferred vendors for printing, T-shirts, rewards items, etc.
· Art direct photographers on photo shoots, coordinate American Specialty Health photography needs, such as corporate event and product photography, maintain photo library, purchase new images.
· Creative Design Lead for Graphic Designers and Production Artists.
· Assists Director of Creative Design with creative design reviews and project oversight.
· Art Directs key projects as assigned by VP Marketing or Director of Creative Design.
· Coach/mentors staff and provides technical support.
· May assist with staffing resources and allocation of projects with Traffic Department.
· Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art, or equivalent degree or experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
· 8+ years of experience as a graphic designer working in a creative team environment; with 3+ years of experience as an Art Director.
· Fluency using Adobe Creative Suite – Primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge and Acrobat. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects is a plus.
· Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite - PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
· Working knowledge of HTML, CSS.
· Proven ability to provide art direction to graphic designers and production artists, providing direction for compelling, relevant, high-quality designs to support Marketing Communication strategies.
· Adept understanding of the entire creative process, including ideation and collaboration with Creative Director, Content Manager, and copywriters/editors to develop solutions that meet business objectives.
· Strong consultative, creative presentation and problem-solving skills and the ability to articulate supporting rationale behind design solutions.
· Ability to articulate a developed visual vocabulary (layout, typography, design).
· Demonstrated interest in identifying and learning new technologies and ability to incorporate into projects.
· Understanding of and extensive experience with branding.
· Extensive knowledge of print and press production (pre-press through post-production)
· Strong project management skills while concurrently providing design oversight as needed to team.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.