Data Visualization Developer I (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Data Visualization Developer I to join our Information Management (IMD) department. This position will design and implement dashboards or workbooks with a data visualization tool with drill down capability that is easily ingestible by the target audience. This position plays a role in standardizing reports and streamlining reporting processes and adheres to high standards of data integrity and dashboard delivery timeliness.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Design, develop, and implement reporting solutions with Tableau.
- Designs, develops, and maintains various user-friendly dashboards using various reproducible data sources, views, calculations, parameters, and overall performance.
- Translates and refines customer reporting requests into actionable objectives, including identifying criteria, fields, grouping, summary options, time frames and other components required to build a successful workbook or dashboard.
- Analyzes user requirements into written report specifications and existing data sources.
- Responsible for consistent communication and gathering feedback from stakeholders
- Performs analysis of data sources to ensure data integrity, completeness, timeliness and accuracy.
- Provides presentations as needed.
- Maintains assigned dashboard requests, determines resource needs for requests and works with Manager to prioritize.
- Responsible for timely delivery of dashboard deliverables to internal and external customers.
- Maintains detailed documentation, including tracking customer conversations, decisions made, reports delivered and one’s progress through multiple simultaneous projects.
- Responds to calls, correspondence, and email within department expectations.
- Monitor users, user groups, and scheduled instances for content within Tableau Server.
- Maintains working knowledge of data visualization tools and follows best practices.
- Serves as an operational data visualization contact for the team and the organization, which may include developing dashboard requests and interpreting data.
- Provides routine reporting to Manager with progress updates, barriers, and issues needing escalation.
- Generates and conducts quality review as needed.
- Analyzes efficiency of current processes and makes recommendations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all member and/or provider, proprietary and sensitive business information at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or data analytics-related education preferred or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year of Tableau Desktop experience or Tableau Specialist-Desktop certification with proficiency in design and development of operational workbooks or additional experience with other data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Experience with relational databases performing database management.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office, with intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ad-hoc and custom reporting requests.
- Experience with healthcare data and/or ASH’s proprietary systems a plus.
- Foundational understanding how relational databases can be joined and queried, how data can be formatted for presentation, and the ability to learn and apply topics such as reading ERD’s and data catalogues.
- Ability to extract, exploit, and exemplify data visualization needs pursuant to business and departmental priorities.
- Collaborate with Manager to consult with internal stakeholders on their unique business requests and to develop dashboards fulfilling those requests with unique insights.
- Experience gathering and refining business requirements, interviewing business users to understand and document data requirements with strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to explain solutions clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Functions independently yet with support on project priority planning from Manager.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to solve complex challenges in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $72,000 to $120,000 Full-Time Salary.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.