Proposal Specialist I
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Proposal Specialist I to join our Fitness & Health Management team. This position will oversee the development and timely completion of high-quality pricing proposals, RFP responses, and other assignments, as well as to support proposal team development activities.
- Creates pricing proposals, RFP responses, and other assignments.
- Collaborates with all levels of the company—including sales, management, and executive leadership—to develop custom pricing proposals and RFP responses for health plans, brokers, employer groups, TPAs, and/or other requestors.
- Maintains accurate file information for each assignment using established guidelines.
- Formats pricing proposals or RFP response documents using established guidelines.
- Creates initial drafts of RFPs and standard or custom proposals, based on the information received from sales lead/management, using proposal templates and other sources.
- Works with sales lead/management, content experts, and other personnel throughout the company to obtain answers to outstanding questions or updates, escalating issues to manager as needed.
- Incorporates edits and updates to create revised and final drafts.
- Finalizes assignments and distributes according to established guidelines.
- Manages attachments and associated files as needed.
- Oversees hard-copy production/assembly as needed.
- Maintains and updates tracking database, including appropriate notes and comments, for each assignment.
- Supports project proofreading/review, ad hoc information requests, and other related team projects.
- Proofreads and data-checks team members’ assignments, as needed.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for content/information, performance guarantees, pricing, etc., as requested by sales team and/or as assigned by manager.
- Prioritizes workload, working with manager as needed, to assist other team members with proofreading and data-checking projects, template updates, and other special projects.
- Suggests new and better ways to improve workflows and processes.
- Participates in team development and trainings under manager direction and oversight.
- Collaborates with manager to identify, develop, and implement new or improved workflows and processes.
- Communicates template changes to the proposal manager.
- Attends team development and product trainings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, English, Communication, Journalism, or Marketing, and/or equivalent work experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of project coordination/organization experience in a sales, marketing, or operations capacity, preferably in health care setting.
- Writing, editing, and design experience in a technical capacity preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with sales process, questionnaire-response (RFI, RFP, RFQ, etc.) development, proposal generation, and/or sales presentation creation preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred.
- Experience in health care, complementary/alternative/specialty health care, corporate wellness, and/or corporate fitness industries preferred.
- Excellent project coordination skills.
- Ability to identify, escalate, and work with manager to effectively resolve any problems, issues, situations, or procedures that may affect individual or team project or workload.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to established work schedules and workflows while practicing efficient time management and working independently.
- Ability to vary working schedule and hours to meet deadlines, including weekends and evenings as needed.
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. Once ASH determines employees can return to the office, candidates may be required to work in a local office. Limited visits to the office in person may be required. While onsite, social distancing and masks are required along with adherence to ASH’s Communicable Disease and Pandemic Policy.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.