Data Engineer II
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Data Engineer II to join our Information Management team. This position is responsible for delivering best-in-class analytical data solutions. Primary role will be participating in data curation projects and reporting system support and maintenance, with opportunities to develop innovative solutions and explore new technologies. Position will have direct interaction with customers and end-users for training, demos and requirements gathering.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Data curation projects and reporting system support and maintenance.
- Participate in the entire lifecycle for Business Intelligence Solution Delivery.
- Design, build, document and manage data warehouse objects.
- Design and develop ETL processing solutions.
- Assist with BI Solutions (DBMS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau) development and performance tuning.
- Develop, test and deliver error free data.
- Stay abreast of BI industry best practices and relevant new technologies.
- Design and develop reports/visualizations using SQL Serve Reporting Services and Tableau.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis.
- Ability to work independently (as well as within a team environment) and unsupervised.
- Ability to work a flexible day schedule required including occasional evenings.
- Data modeling of enterprise data assets.
- Recommend and drive implementation of development techniques and methodologies.
- Design and develop high performance reporting assets.
- Work with SMEs (both technical and nontechnical) for knowledge transfer and documentation.
- Work with end-users to support adoption of team deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience is preferred. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- 3 years of experience developing Business Intelligence solutions.
- 6 years of developing solutions using the MS SQL Server BI Stack.
- Microsoft data-related certification.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Recent working knowledge of a major BI Tool (Tableau preferred).
- Strong technical skills; able to work with multiple platforms, integrate data with various sources.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to think outside of the box on a consistent basis.
- Willingness to learn new technology.
- Strong knowledge of TSQL
- Strong knowledge of data modeling.
- Strong knowledge of data visualization practices and methods.
- Basic understanding of security implementation in databases and BI solutions.
- Solid understanding of Inmon or Kimball methodologies.
- Basic understanding of dimensional data structures.
- Basic knowledge SSIS Package Design Patterns and Configurations.
- Basic understanding of multidimensional objects (cubes) and/or columnstore structures.
- Basic Understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Within facility, normal office conditions, including lighting and ventilation. Minor noise from conversations and general office equipment (telephone, printer, etc.). When required to travel outside the facility, usual weather, traffic, and related conditions are applicable.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.