HR Compliance Specialist
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a HR Compliance Specialist to work with our Human Resources department. This position will oversee the administrative functions of HR Compliance including immigration, affirmative action plan, state and federal employment laws, audits, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained virtually and must have the capability to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This position will require occasional onsite office work. ASH requires all onsite employees and employees who travel for their position to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation.
- Oversees Immigration process.
- Oversees Immigration paperwork and stays abreast on Immigrations laws. Seeks counsel and refers matters that involve legal or business risk issues of a significant nature to Associate VP, HR.
- Act as liaison and point of contact for ASH and external counsel for all immigration needs.
- Manage immigration cases ensuring legal compliance, optimal processing timelines and maximum efficiency.
- Collaborate with VP, HR to conduct the appropriate due diligence and to strategize and develop short- and long-term solutions and business plans as they relate to immigration needs.
- Educate Talent Acquisition team and Department Managers on US immigration regulation and updates.
- Maintain public access files, ensuring files are current and compliant.
- Proactively communicate with employees and other relevant contacts regarding the status of their visa cases and extensions.
- Ensure integrity of PERM Green Card process, including job description review, accurate minimum requirements and extensive strategy discussions with managers and HR which includes the business necessity defense of job requirements.
- Support the recruitment process in connection with PERM Green Card process, including coordinating recruitment with external legal counsel, analyzing resumes, and preparation of recruitment reports to defend findings.
- Create, develop, and maintain immigration records for reporting and tracking data/case quarterly ensuring compliance with budget and service level agreements. Responsible for continual personal up skilling and education regarding Immigration laws and regulations.
- Oversees Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
- Develop AAP internal and external communication procedures.
- Assist in the identification of AAP/EEO challenges and recommends effective solutions.
- Design and implement an internal audit and reporting system that measures the effectiveness of ASH’s program and determines the degree to which AAP goals and objectives are met and identifies the need for remedial action.
- Keeps the Talent Acquisition Manager informed of equal opportunity progress and reporting potential concerns.
- Serves as a liaison between the Company and enforcement agencies.
- Processes audit reports quarterly for review prior to government report preparation.
- Assist Sr. HRIS Analysts in preparing and submitting the EEO-1 and Vets-100 reports annually by the required deadlines.
- Works with Talent Acquisition Manager to develop and deliver training to management and staff annually to outline ASH’s affirmative action goals and progress towards said goals.
- Works with Talent Acquisition Manager to provide training to all personnel involved in the recruitment, screening, selection, promotion, disciplinary and related processes to meet ASH’s affirmative action, ADAAA and VEVRAA goals.
- Researches and Documents State and Federal Employment Laws.
- Maintains a list of all state and federal HR employment laws.
- Updates the Compliance Workforce monthly on updates and changes.
- Works with their manager, the VP of HR, and Legal Counsel on implementing new laws.
- Ensure corporate compliance with government regulations.
- Oversees audits and SOPs.
- Takes the lead and acts as liaison between HR and Delegation Support on external audits.
- Organizes and gathers information requested for external audits.
- Maintains a report of all audits and responses.
- Works with HR management on ensuring SOPs are complete and followed in all areas of HR.
- Proactively evaluates current process and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Assists with HR Projects and Initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience assisting or overseeing compliance efforts in a Human Resources department.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Current knowledge of state and federal compliance, immigration legislation, affirmative action plans, and current HR practices and trends preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Demonstrated ability in quality assurance.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time, able to answer telephones.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Office environment and/or Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
This job posting is not applicable in CO.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.