American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to oversee our Finance (FIN) department. This position will assist in the month end closing process by preparing complex journal entries, reviewing support for reasonableness and accuracy, preparing/reviewing reconciliations and rollforward schedules and monthly variance analyses. This position is also responsible for certain tax filings, unclaimed property compliance, process and documentation improvements and ad hoc projects throughout the month as well as review of items prepared by others on the team. This position is responsible for ensuring comprehensive and clear documentation is provided to support and assist the financial reporting team in the preparation of financial statements for the Parent company and its subsidiary companies. This position is also responsible for supervising the Staff and Senior Staff Accountants to ensure the team’s success and that deadlines are met.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
· Compiles and analyzes financial information for entry into general ledger and reporting in the financial statements.
· Prepares or reviews journal entries and supporting back-up for accuracy and completeness.
· Prepares or reviews certain complex schedules and journal entries including IBNP, Performance Guarantees, and Inventory Reserve, etc.
· Prepares or reviews monthly consolidated allocation of overhead expenses to subsidiaries from ASHI and reviews the posting of resulting journal entries.
· Prepares or reviews monthly consolidated tax provision estimate and quarterly true-up in accordance with FAS 109 and posts resulting journal entries.
· Prepares or reviews monthly eliminations journal entries of intercompany transactions for consolidation.
· Reviews preliminary trial balance to identify correcting entries prior to close.
· Reviews balance sheet account analyses performed by staff accountants to ensure that the reconciliations tie to the general ledger, the account details appear reasonable, and any unusual balance(s) are properly explained, investigated and addressed accordingly.
· Manage the general ledger monthly close to ensure the books are closed based on the scheduled deadline.
· Manage the comprehensive month end checklist and ensure timely completion of tasks in line with the documented deadlines therein.
· Applies principles of accounting and maintains the financial records in a manner consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Documents and updates policies and procedures. Participates in the documentation and implementation of key internal controls over the financial closing and reporting and other area processes.
· Work with IT and external consultants to trouble shoot financial system issues.
· Adheres to corporate policy with respect to HIPAA and PHI.
· Supports CFO, Controller, and Senior Manager in year-end tax provision and audit preparation.
· Performs financial statement analyses as needed.
· Participates in the documentation and implementation of SOX 404 compliance.
· Works with the Senior Accounting Manager and the Controller to prepare the sales commission and communicate with the sales staff. Report to external department(s) regarding payroll, salaries and commissions, if requested.
· Supports Senior Accounting Manager and Controller in preparation of ad hoc reports and reconciliations.
· Manages certain tax filing requirements and unclaimed property compliance.
· Prepares or reviews various sales tax returns to ensure timely filing and updates the tax matrix accordingly.
· Prepares or reviews various personal property tax returns to ensure timely filing and updates the tax matrix accordingly.
· Manage the unclaimed property compliance, including research of uncashed checks, research of state requirements, managing due diligence letters and responses, and the state filings.
· Support the Treasury team with all other income tax related filings and notices.
· Coordinates workflow and assignments of staff.
· Evaluates performance, provides constructive feedback, conducts counseling and training sessions, and supports staff members in the accomplishment of assigned objectives and goals.
· Documents all coaching and counseling sessions with staff.
· Ensures that the team represents ASH in an ethical, professional, and positive manner.
· Maintains confidentiality of all data.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Bachelor’s degree with a concentration or minor in Accounting required.
· Minimum four years of progressive industry and/or public accounting experience. Minimum of one-year experience in an industry supervisory role.
· Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of Word, and other Windows based applications.
· Certified Public Accountant license is preferred.
· Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, and technical skills including strong knowledge of GAAP accounting.
· Good understanding of integrated systems
· Effective project management skills to facilitate projects, remove barriers, monitor milestones, and accomplish deliverables according to plan.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career