Product Owner I
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced individual to serve as a product owner of one of the company’s significant products. The Product Owner will work independently and as a part of a team in an Agile/Scrum environment to manage operations, customer service, claims, eligibility and medical necessity portals.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health's events on our events page.
- Manages SCRUM Process to realize early delivery of business value (MVP) and continuous improvement of product and processes
- Facilitates and provides logistical management to sprints and SCRUM meetings and events
- Partners with Business Owners, Development Teams, and IT leadership to prioritize product backlog items and projects and maximize efficiencies within assigned system
- Engages ASH departments cross functionally
- Develops and documents action plans and workflows for assigned projects within system of responsibility
- Recognizes unique and/or problem situations within assigned area of responsibility, researches, and formulates solutions in conjunction with Management and Business Owners
- Develops innovative initiatives to enhance internal efficiency and effectiveness as appropriate.
- Uses effective project management skills and tools to facilitate projects, remove barriers, monitor milestones, and accomplish deliverables according to plan
- Provides updates and reports on development within assigned system to leadership
- Conveys clear and concise messages appropriate to intended audience; represents ASH in a professional manner through effective verbal and written communication
- Serves on committees, workgroups, and project teams as assigned
- BA degree or equivalent experience. High school diploma required.
- Minimum two years’ experience with ASH applications and systems preferred.
- Proficiency in MS office and extensive experience utilizing computer systems in business applications including strong knowledge in Word and Excel and experience with Access.
- Strong project management, customer service, and problem solving skills required
- Experience with SCRUM and Agile development methodology preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.