Software Engineer in Test Intern
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Software Engineer in Test Intern to work with our Consumer Technology – QA Department. This position will gain hands-on experience maintaining and developing software test automation tools using the latest Microsoft technologies.
Remote Worker Considerations:
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
· Contributes to enterprise level testing of web applications.
· Writing test cases, test procedures.
· Running and maintaining test automation tools.
· Develop test automation scripts.
· The depth and breadth of the projects will depend on the intern’s experience and knowledge.
· Course work in computer science or other technical field. High school diploma required.
· Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an IT or computer or technical related field.
· Technical experience from previous jobs preferred.
· Academic or commercial exposure to software quality assurance.
· Experience with object-oriented programming in an academic, hobbyist, or commercial environment.
· Experience working with Web Services and APIs.
· Responsible, team-oriented, self-starter.
· Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
This job posting is not applicable in CO
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.