Social Media and PR Manager
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Social Media and PR Manager to join our Marketing department. This position will help lead and manage the exciting world of social media and PR on behalf of our company and in partnership with our internal creative team, and external clients. Working as part of our in-house agency, Engage! Creative Group, the social media and PR manager will support the companys brand-building, sales and recruiting goals through the development of effective social media strategies to complement the overall PR and marketing strategy. The position will maintain the existing ASH social media channels and develop and grow the organizations social channels as needed, follow social media trends and recommend social strategies and campaigns. The role will also champion social media integration into our sales, marketing and PR campaigns and work with customers and fitness facilities to develop cross-promotional social media campaigns. The role also will help support PR needs such as media relations and company recognition programs and will support the development of video communications programs.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Healths events on our events page.
- Serves as social media strategist, campaign manager, and community manager for all ASH Companies social brands to ensure quality content as well as reputation management. Develops, grows and maintains the ASH social media channels and communities in conjunction with the overall Public Relations and Social Media objectives and strategy.
- Responsible for customer engagement strategies and implementation across approximately 13 social media channels, including editorial calendars and posting.
- Works collaboratively with other key members of the Engage! Creative Group team to strategize on opportunities that enhance the company brand and engage target audiences, including integrated marketing campaigns and blogs.
- Proactively seeks out social media influencers within appropriate industries and strategizes with leadership on opportunities to connect, engage and partner with these influencers to achieve social mentions.
- Helps to create, manage, and budget for paid social media advertising as part of marketing and recruiting campaigns, working across social platforms, including Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Keeps abreast of social media trends and recommends new ideas, channels, blogs and opportunities.
- Understands paid and sponsored social media and has demonstrated experience in managing paid social campaigns, including A/B testing of images, headlines and copy.
- Has demonstrated results in working with C-suite executives mentoring on social media skills.
- Works closely with the leadership to coordinate PR and social media strategies and day- to-day tactics, including distributing press releases, tracking media placements, and gathering of photo images.
- Has knowledge of or is willing to learn Tridion to post media releases to the ASH websites in a timely manner, as appropriate.
- Helps to maintain the media placement log and monthly Marketing Report.
- Has excellent writing skills, proofreading skills and understands AP style for press releases.
- Proactively monitors sites like Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Glass Door, as well as ASH Twitter and Facebook channels, and coordinates rapid responses to comments about ASH Companies, its products and services on these sites, working with leadership, HR, customer service and others in alignment with existing processes and protocols.
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media Marketing or related communications field required.
- Five years marketing communications experience preferably with B2B and B2C audiences, including minimum 2 years of social media experience, with an emphasis on corporate social media strategy, paid social media, and day-to-day community management of multiple social media channels, and minimum 2 years of experience in public relations with understanding of and proficiency in media relations strategy and press release writing.
- Proven work in developing social media marketing strategy and executing paid and non-paid campaigns across a wide array of channels to drive engagement, lead generation and conversion.
- Experience with social media performance tracking/analytics including tag management.
- Experience using social and PR monitoring platforms and dashboards such as Hootsuite, Vocus, Cision, Google Alerts. Knowledge of HTML a plus.
- Experience with photo and video for social media and PR, a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write a wide range of social media and PR content that tells a story and engages readers/viewers.
- PC proficient with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; working knowledge of design applications such as InDesign, Visio, Photoshop, video editing and HTML. Experience with Slack and Skype a plus.
- Excellent, engaging and persuasive presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter who has a passion for social media and PR; able to navigate across organizational functions and engage with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive, and enthusiastic demeanor when communicating with internal or external clients and management.
- Strong attention to detail. Meticulous and analytical with the ability to deliver data-driven results, analysis, and application of findings.
- Comfortable working with external agencies and strategic partners, as well as building proficiency in-house.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Ability to drive and travel by air as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Companys legal duty to furnish information.