Business Analyst (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Business Analyst II to join our Customer Service – Fitness department. This position will be the liaison between the Product Owners, Business Owners (i.e. Fitness Call Center), IT managers, and developers and will also lead the Fitness Systems Workgroup.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Functions as the technical liaison for the Fitness Call Center and Fitness Operations teams partnering with development groups and product owners for the various Fitness applications.
- Maintains working knowledge in areas of assigned responsibility including, but not limited to, IHIS, ASHCore, FMS, Incentive Platforms and processes, Websites, EDI, Payment Processing Vendors, and Reporting.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge and expertise in Fitness Call Center processes, programs, and technology interdependencies.
- Uses SQL to help build queries to analyze issues reported.
- Reviews and reports on vendor inquiries and issues, chart trends and presents analysis
- Assists Product Owner with creating talking points when vendor updates and/or data issues occur
- Represents the Fitness Call Center and Operations teams in all Fitness product planning and development meetings
- Supports Call Center implementation team activities by maintaining constant communication with stakeholders and assisting with technology and data deliverables.
- Supports workgroup and project team meetings and prepares related documents as necessary.
- Maintains follow up to ensure timely and accurate completion of assignments.
- Fitness Systems Issues (FSI) Workgroup Facilitator
- Document system bugs, errors, and solutions
- Coordinate with business owners and product owners to resolve issues impacting members and/or Fitness Call Center and Operation teams
- Recognize unique or problem situations within areas of assigned responsibility.
- Research and formulate solutions in conjunction with the FSI Workgroup members
- Partner with Fitness stakeholders to prioritize work items based on severity, effort, and member impact
- Maintain FSI Workgroup issues tracker and solicit regular progress updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Business, or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with software development teams.
- Familiar with all phases of the software development life cycle from requirements to the release and maintenance of enterprise level applications.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies (Scrum methodology preferred).
- Proficient in VSTS, SQL, and MS Office.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff in order to gather necessary details.
- Ability to create business and system process diagrams.
- Ability to facilitate and manage meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
This job posting is not applicable in CO.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.