Sr. DevSecOps Engineer
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Sr. DevSecOps Engineer to join our Enterprise Security Programs team. This position will be responsible for the planning and implementation of processes, tools and technologies that support and drive the companys DevSecOps discipline and tribe, our technology vision and the strategic and team roadmaps for Scrum Teams.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Healths events on our events page.
- Performs day-to-day Sr. DevSecOps Engineer functions.
- Deploying web and service-based applications both on-premises and in Azure cloud.
- Identify and introduce new technologies, patterns that optimize the platform.
- Working with configuration management tools, such as VSTS or Chef creating automation through scripting.
- Mentor engineers, solution architects and technical leads to help build effective engineering practices.
- Creating development and testing environments from on-premises to Azure cloud.
- Serve as a technical advisor to Scrum Teams on the planning, development, design, maintenance and implementation of development environments.
- Using Microsoft Azure to deploy highly-available, scalable, and secure applications.
- Working with stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables.
- Continually research, evaluate, and apply emerging technologies to improve business outcomes.
- Provide architecture & technology leadership for building and deploying applications in public cloud.
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including reviewing the technical design and the deployment architecture.
- Develop and evangelize best practices for DevSecOps and secure CI/CD.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent DevOps/DevSecOps experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- 3 years of experience in cloud services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Experience with build-time dependency management, unit testing and code-coverage tools, test automation techniques and tools required.
- Experience and understanding of CI/CD tools.
- Experience and understanding of micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies.
- Experience in DevOps culture and the ability to teach and profess is highly desired.
- Experience in cloud computing application implementations on AWS or Azure or Google Cloud Platform are a plus.
- Strong background in creating secure cloud architectures for Internet-facing applications.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills required.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Azure IaaS and PaaS offerings in commercial tenant.
- Experience with an APM or application logging technologies, preferably Application Insights
- Experience with Azure Active Directory.
- Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts.
- Experience transforming development environments from on-premises to Azure cloud.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Companys legal duty to furnish information.