UX Designer I, Design Sys
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking an UX Designer I, Design Systems to join our User Experience & Design department. The UX Designer I will be responsible for designing components, guides, and systems that produce ASH’s high-quality digital experiences. The ASH Design System is the foundation to building engaging, inclusive, and accessible products. This individual must be able to work independently as well as within a cross-functional environment.
- Work as a part of a team of UX Designers and UX Architects.
- Understand the user’s journey/goals and translate into interaction & visual interface design.
- Create and enhance a systematic/sharable set of design components that are optimized for a wide range of devices and interface views.
- Define and document new patterns for our established design system.
- Maintain design systems tools like Figma Libraries and Zeroheight.
- Support product teams with interaction patterns, design components, documentation, and guidance for ASH’s digital experiences.
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers and developers in a SCRUM environment on the creation, enhancement, documentation, and adoption of ASH Design System components.
- Advocate for and govern the ASH Design System.
- Embrace and apply design-thinking principles along with systems-thinking.
- Leverage the ASH design system to provide the tools and drive behaviors that will increase efficiency and allow designers to focus on the user experience.
- Constantly develop yourself and contribute to the movement of a design driven company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design related field (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, HCI). Equivalent practical experience will be considered. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in the field of UX.
- Experience with sketching, concept creation, wireframing, producing sitemaps, user flows, creating prototypes.
- Proficient with UX design and prototyping software (Figma, Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq, Framer, etc.). Bonus for experience in motion design or front-end coding.
- Experience within an agile development environment.
- Ability to collaborate/co-design with other designers, developers, and marketing to understand how the goals of each discipline can be translated into the ASH Design System.
- Ability to think systematically and understand how to design components that will be shared across multiple products.
- Command of visual design craft (e.g. color, typography, and visual hierarchy) and understanding of UX research methodologies.
- Ability to rapid prototype creative concepts is a plus.
- Ability to explain your ideas, designs, and best practices in order to successfully convince, motivate and inspire stakeholders.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. Once ASH determines employees can return the office, candidates may be required to work in a local office. Limited visits to the office in person may be required. While onsite, social distancing and masks are required along with adherence to ASH’s Communicable Disease and Pandemic Policy.
Remote Worker Considerations:The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Within facility, normal office conditions, including lighting and ventilation. Minor noise from conversations and general office equipment (telephone, printer, etc.). When required to travel outside the facility, usual weather, traffic, and related conditions are applicable.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.