Sr Software Engineer II
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Sr Software Engineer II to join our Information Technology Software department. This position will formulate and define system scope and objectives of complex software applications and analyze, design, develop, and maintain software applications using latest Microsoft technologies. Must be able to work independently. Will have primary technical responsibility for at least one major application.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications
- Expands knowledge of Company operations particularly as related to assigned projects
- Performs routine programming assignments under Manager’s supervision
- Develops an understanding of assigned application and internal customer area, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials
- Unit testing as applicable
- Accountable for providing accurate time estimates of assigned tasks and projects
- Recommends possible improvements in applications and larger systems
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Mentor and lead other programmers
- Properly refactor legacy components as needed
- Communicate directly with product owner and end users
- Participates in the training or development of others, as directed
- Maintains familiarity with and uses department methodology as appropriate
- Analyzes alternatives, providing a cost/benefit comparison
- Monitors and ensures automated processes run as expected. Responsible for remediation
- Lead the development of large-scale systems
- Assist in code reviews
- Attends Operational and other weekly meetings to discuss programming changes, enhancements, and other issues
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT, computer, or technical related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Experience with web development programming in a client/server setup required.
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL required.
- Exceeds expectations of a senior programmer with demonstrated proficiency in coding.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise level applications required.
- Expertise in development and consumption of web services preferred.
- Experience with XSLT, XML required.
- HTTP, C#, SQL optimization experience.
- Expertise in software design.
- Expertise in designing and architecting complex enterprise level systems.
- Experience with mentoring and leading other programmers.
- Completing tasks in a fast-paced development cycle.
- Familiarity with software development life cycles such as Agile or SCRUM.
- Ability to design and architect complex enterprise level systems.
- Expertise with software design patterns.
- Expertise with SOLID design principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and recommend technology direction and development tools.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting. When required to travel outside the facility, usual weather, traffic, and related conditions are applicable.
This job posting is not applicable in CO.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.