Associate Information Security Analyst
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an Associate Information Security Analyst to join our Information Security Operations (ISO) department. This position will protect information assets by implementing and monitoring security solutions.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
· Performs day-to-day information security operations functions.
· Assists with administration of security related technologies including but not limited to: firewalls, intrusion detection, network monitoring systems, vulnerability management, and endpoint threat monitoring.
· Monitors logs and alerts for unusual or suspicious activity and takes appropriate action.
· Assist with maintenance and upkeep of department content, product and sprint work tasking using Microsoft SharePoint and VSTS/Azure DevOps.
· Ensures network security best practices are implemented through managing or reviewing configurations of servers, desktops, routers, switches, and firewalls.
· Digests vulnerability testing output, prioritizes remediation, and leads remediation efforts with relevant parties; tracks remediation efforts and communicates status to management.
· Creates and maintains SOPs, run books and other operational procedures.
· Participate in project and inter-departmental meetings on behalf of Information Security Operations.
· Evaluates secure configurations of software and hardware.
· Assists with maintaining HIPAA, PCI-DSS, HITRUST compliance in addition to other relevant security mandates.
· Implements and enforces company information security policy and procedures.
· Required to be available for after-hours and weekend on-call rotation and occasional travel.
· Assists manager and/or information security officer as needed.
· Conducting security audits of the computing environment.
· Documenting network security controls as they are implemented, changed, or retired.
· Providing status reports regarding incidents, activity, and other supporting metrics.
· High school diploma required.
· 1 year of experience in IT, including systems and security administration duties.
· Security+ certification preferred.
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
· Knowledge of current networking fundamentals.
· Knowledge and experience with common OS platforms and networks.
· Ability to learn quickly and multi-task various diverse information security operations tasks.
· Able to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.